Author Topic: 2 stroke oil  (Read 18563 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: 2 stroke oil
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 11:14:25 pm »
I recommend Suzuki oil for Suzuki’s
Running something like Yamalube in a Suzuki could cause irreversible cross contamination.

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 08:07:19 am »
What happens when a semi syn is used the a full syn is used to the excess oil in the crankcase when it mixes.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 11:05:09 am »
I recommend Suzuki oil for Suzuki’s
Running something like Yamalube in a Suzuki could cause irreversible cross contamination.

Ah aH Ahhh  :) :D ;D  :o ??? 8) :D   suzuki oil in a suzuki why didn't i think of that  :-[
so if it was a kawasaki (kwaka) would ya use duckems ? boom boom

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
What happens when a semi syn is used the a full syn is used to the excess oil in the crankcase when it mixes?

The negligible amount would 'mix" and well, do it's job. Don't panic mate , this hysterical carry on about two stroke oils gets very tiresome. Look in other current threads a fella is told to set the oil pump half open and then put premix in the tank too!!!!!! ??????????????????? Fr f**ks sake Why bother mixing in any obviously useless none lubricating petrol!!!!!!! It might interfere with the two stroke lube Gods.

What does your bikes manufacturer recommend?  Try that. If your real paranoid, buy genuine  Yamaha ,Suzuki, Honda, Ktm etc  for your  Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, KTM ect.

The Days of mixing 'half a pint of SAE30 in a gallon of standard petrol" HAVE PASSED. Modern brand name two stroke oils are all far superior then Second World war crap OK. So go out fill up with FRESH fuel and QUALITY oil. Then tune your bike, Why??? seizures are most commonly tuning related but lazily blamed on two stroke oils
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:56:35 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 01:29:39 pm »
this hysterical carry on about two stroke oils gets very tiresome.

You sound a little wound up Graeme, why don't you try Analube. ::)

Helps you relax on even the hardest rides, whether you are slamming those long straights or slipping one round a dusty berm the old Analube will get you there with a smile on your face  ;)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:41:23 pm by marc.com »
formerly Marc.com

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »
"You sound a little wound up Graeme, why don't you try Analube. "

It's Tim actually Marc :D and Thanks for the useful tip off on the poopy tube lube too :D :D :D :D Cheers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:57:04 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »
Tims correct,
 alot of 2 stroke failures are blamed on oils when in fact carburetor jetting or ignition timing are more often the cause. I raced a tm 125 & 250 over 8 rounds plus club days last season with both bikes still running the original injection pumps and tanks using quality mineral based oils. Just gave the top ends a freshen up ,no bore wear ,minimal deposits on piston and head. Quick hone and new rings ready for next season.
Terry.   

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:13 pm »
I hear a lot of comments about how the old bikes can't run full synthetics - that is far from the case.

Back in the day the old man bought a Suzuki shop from a couple guys that had developed a full synthetic oil and wanted to get serious with marketing it.  That oil was called NPG and we used to used that in the transmission as well as the mixing oil.   That was in all the marques we sold - Suzuki, CZ, Bultaco & DKW.  Was talking with our service manager a couple years ago about NPG as I was trying to source some and was told the guys sold it to a big oil company and it was shelved.  Kind of weird because we never experienced a simgle issue with it anjd the LAPD ran a trial in 10 cruisers with all doing better than a million miles and showing engine wear far less than usually expected.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

eno

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 01:49:12 pm »
I ran my CZ400 for six seasons of VMX champs and anything else that was run. I used 100% AV gas mixed @ 25:1 with Rock synthetic and later on Q8 (smells like pine apple).
I've never had to open the motor up to repair or replace anything.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:52 pm »
What happens when a semi syn is used the a full syn is used to the excess oil in the crankcase when it mixes?

The negligible amount would 'mix" and well, do it's job. Don't panic mate , this hysterical carry on about two stroke oils gets very tiresome. Look in other current threads a fella is told to set the oil pump half open and then put premix in the tank too!!!!!! ??????????????????? Fr f**ks sake Why bother mixing in any obviously useless none lubricating petrol!!!!!!! It might interfere with the two stroke lube Gods.

What does your bikes manufacturer recommend?  Try that. If your real paranoid, buy genuine  Yamaha ,Suzuki, Honda, Ktm etc  for your  Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, KTM ect.

The Days of mixing 'half a pint of SAE30 in a gallon of standard petrol" HAVE PASSED. Modern brand name two stroke oils are all far superior then Second World war crap OK. So go out fill up with FRESH fuel and QUALITY oil. Then tune your bike, Why??? seizures are most commonly tuning related but lazily blamed on two stroke oils
excellent comment stay with the facts and stay with known products 8)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 07:43:20 am »
tuning definitely causes 99% of 2- issues. air leaks, lean or rich jetting and mechanical failures.

Water cooling has helped enormously over the years producing 2 strokes that need little adjustment from the factory and delivering hours of trouble free motoring (i couldnt resist that).

air cooled bikes need attention to plug ranges as the seasons vary.

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14:49 am »
In the early days of VMX I had a YZ125A, it was fully rebuilt and I ran Penzoil mineral oil at 25 to 1. After a season of racing it was pulled apart and the big end was worn out. Changed to a full synthetic at 35 to 1 and never wore any thing out for the next couple of seasons. Would not use anything but synthetic now.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 12:14:04 pm »
tuning definitely causes 99% of 2- issues. air leaks, lean or rich jetting and mechanical failures.

Water cooling has helped enormously over the years producing 2 strokes that need little adjustment from the factory and delivering hours of trouble free motoring (i couldnt resist that).

air cooled bikes need attention to plug ranges as the seasons vary.
so true it still amazes me how many people still resist doing plug drops and changes  :o and blame oil, carb tune, ignition tim.................