Author Topic: Vinduro Ride Nowra Sunday 14/4/13”  (Read 2015 times)

Wollongongwolf

Vinduro Ride Nowra Sunday 14/4/13”
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »
Hi all, not sure if you have seen my post in the events section, but I am arranging a casual get together for Vinduro Bikes at Nowra Motorcycle Club on Sunday 14/4/13. Cost for non members will be $40 instead of the usual $50 if we can get 5 starters, which I think is a good deal. You can camp at the track the night before if you like. Trying to put this together as not that many events in a year in NSW.
They have a 1000 acres of bush tracks to ride, including a easy to moderate 10 kilometre loop, plus two mx tracks, two kids tracks.
Day of riding, no competition, no prizes, no racing (not  official anyway) no hassles to organise for anyone , just turn up for a top day.
The club are keen for it to happen and happy to support us coming, hoping if it is a success, we may be able to do something bigger, which would be great to have a ready made facility so close to Sydney, Canberra , Wollongong ,South Coast.
So if your interested, please let me know so I can give the club a rough estimate of how many may come.
Thanks

Wollongongwolf

Re: Vinduro Ride Nowra Sunday 14/4/13”
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:28 pm »
Hi all,getting more interest on the day as it gets closer. In contact with the Nowra club and it is on. I hope to get a good loop marked out that will suite all rider skill levels. If you would like something tougher let me know and will try and mark out some side tracks.
Now that Rockley is cancelled, even more important I feel that this day is a success. Will keep you posted with more details as I get them, thanks.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »
Only two weeks too the Nowra ride, hope you have a bike ready?

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:04:45 am »
Good stuff, Husky is nearly ready to go. Hope a few forum members can make it down for a good day out. Nowra is a great track. Will be my first time back there since the 90's when the Maico had it's last outing. Bring it on.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:52 pm »
Great Maico, going down Saturday to mark out the loop ready for the next week. Depends on numbers, we can ride as a group, or just go for your life around the place. There are a heap of trails in there,easy to get lost, so if you want to ride solo, just follow the black and yellow tape that I will attach to trees etc. But could go out as a group for first lap, get the lay of the land, then on your own. May have to get a few signs made up with some arrows too and will mark out a few harder sections for those who want a few step ups and rocky sections.

Offline ozktm151

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »
At least three of us are coming from Canberra and are looking to camp at the track on Sat nite

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:57:36 pm »
Great news our first out of state riders! Great to have you over Oz. Nowra so central to so many riders, see you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:59:15 pm »
Just to let you know that I have about 18 to 20 people who said they are interested in riding on the day. If I get around this number, would of been worth the effort. But still like more, so let me know if you are keen, just like to pass the numbers onto the Nowra club. Thanks to you guys for you support.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:53 pm »
Good job on the numbers. I'm bringing 2 mates with me, one on a CR 500 and the other a DRZ 400. I'm also bringing some KTM Radiators that I needed identifying if any KTM guru's are attending.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:30:16 pm by Maicoman »
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »
Great Maico man, then more than 20 starters now, good work. Your mate can bring the DRZ400, being a DRZ400tractor rider myself, he is welcome anywhere!

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »
Hi wondring if the modern bikes are running in with the old ones.Chers GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »
Went down to Nowra to mark out the circuit, got three quarters around and ran out of tape. Guess I will have to get there early on Sunday to finish. The loop is 8 kilometres long and a good mix of single and fire trails, with some whoop sections, a few easy creek crossings, and some easy climbs, so should suite all riders. If you want longer ride or something a little more challenging, will point you in the right direction. If you like , get a few mates, head out and get lost among the many kilometres of trails.
I took my XL350r out for its maiden voyage, went well and got around the track without a problem.
The Nowra Club are expecting us and said to tell them at the office you are there for the Vinduro or vintage bike ride to get your cheaper rate. Don't forget you can camp the night for $5, but very basic, so would take your own supplies and water.
Been a fair bit of rain in Sydney and Wollongong, but the tracks were quite dry, they not had that much rain, which seems to be usual down that way as the track is about 20kilometres from the coast. So don't let a little rain put you off, can be raining on the coast but perfect out that way.
I know have nearly 30 riders tell me they are coming, so if we get nearly that many, should be a great day.
So bring some friends, hope to see you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:43 am »
Here is a link to the Nowra club as it has directions to the track

http://www.nowramotorcycleclub.com.au/