Author Topic: Three Bridges 2013 - perfect way to start the vinduro year  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Three Bridges 2013 - perfect way to start the vinduro year
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »
The rainfall during the week, combined with the hard work of Ryan and the OMCC resulted in a terrific loop that was enjoyed by a large crowd, including many vinduro newbies. This time the course was completely different to previous years. It was a real cracker, and everyone I spoke to during and afterwards had nothing but positive things to say.

Alongside the usual PE/IT/XR turnout, there was a healthy collection of European machinery, trials bikes, converted motocrossers, etc. Even an XT250...  ;)

While I was following Canam370 on his Hercules, I had to laugh at his narrow escape from being taken out by a runaway PE, of which he was blissfully unaware. A few centimetres difference and there would've been no bliss!

There were plenty of photographers getting about, so I expect some pics will start appearing shortly.

Tex

Offline Yamahaha

• B-Grade
  • Melbourne Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Three Bridges 2013 - perfect way to start the vinduro year
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »
Awesome loop, it would of been just as awesome in reverse so the long downhill could become big bore hill! My YZ didn't miss a beat but I saw a lot of stopped bikes throughout the day stranded mid loop lol
YZ 250 modern, YZ 125G, YZ 125E, IT 400D, IT 175G x 2, YZ 400F CR250re,  2012 yz450fse Service Honda CR500AF.   Viper #73

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »
Hi all,arrived home at four this morning,up and at  work by seven.still smiling after a great weekend.Even after driving from yass with no clutch in my navara.Would like to thank everyone who were  at both venues we attended,being Broadford and Three bridges.Great people great weekend cant wait to do it again if you will have us.Great venue on sunday ,great loop so much fun my little yamonda once again performed great.It dragged my 115 kg around all day without a problem.Thanks to my ACT mates  made it a great road trip guys thanks for putting up with me ............A BIG THANKS AGAIN GREG

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:46:32 pm »
   We what a fantasist event and worth the 1580km round trip from Canberra
   Down to three bridges Vinduro...

I did have a slow start after putting my back out on Friday night a glenrowing. servo .

The course was fantasist I just loved riding in that type of country.
   I just loved the layed back but very well organize event.
   The big fire on Saturday night, a DVD to 2 by Mick off the EBT forum.
   A few Rums with some new mates but forgot ya names by morning
   I caught up with a few good mates from Vic. that i allready new ..
   It was a good week end.

And it was just like the photos  and talk from lasts year and I think the Bloody Leach thing was a  Pump up  a
   Little Victoring joke on sum new comers .

Well done and a BIG THANK YOU to the Oakleigh Motorcycle club the land owner and all how put in to make it a great day

Dennis Oz555ktm
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:50:33 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
Some nice action shots from Three Bridges from Richard Reeve:

http://rangesimages.photomerchant.net/galleries/three-bridges-vinduro#

Tex

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 08:15:05 am »
Some nice action shots from Three Bridges from Richard Reeve:

http://rangesimages.photomerchant.net/galleries/three-bridges-vinduro#

Tex

True Dat, Richards photography is awesome its like looking at those disney view finder things when u were a kid so much depth.

I saw the nice looking XT with the gold rims & the Discount Motorcycles sticker on the front Gaurd, who was that?

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:12:48 pm »
I saw the nice looking XT with the gold rims & the Discount Motorcycles sticker on the front Gaurd, who was that?

The one being ridden by a handsome chap with sublime riding skills? Why, that was me!  8)

I noticed in Scooter News there was a pic of another XT250, I didn't see it on the day, was that one ridden by someone here?

Tex

Offline 2minutetim

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:40 am »
Great photo's!

Field looks varied, lots of good stuff there!

Looked loamy too!

:)
Remember, no matter what anyone says, size does matter!