Author Topic: HK Ute on eBay  (Read 7165 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
HK Ute on eBay
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »
Here's one for the bloke who's looking for a period transporter for his vintage bike. Alan Jones is auctioning off this '68 HK Holden ute that had previously been owned by his late father-in-law. This old survivor is as stock as a rock, down to its conventional tyres and what we're pretty sure is the original paint and has only done a paltry 61920 miles (99650km). This old ute harks from an era when even a radio was considered an oppulent option. It's a genuine 'poverty pak' special with no radio, no aircon,no heater, rubbler mats, bench seat, drum brakes all round, 3 on the tree and tyre burning 161 cubic inches of Holden red motor. It hasn't even got window washers ;D. As I said, this old survivor is as stock as they come having been a very old pensioners daily driver. It's straight as a lazer and is 99% rust free. I've ridden in this old girl and it gets along at a jolly old pace for a 44 year old work car fitted with the low compression base motor and drum brakes. I don't reckon there would be too many untouched HK utes left out there, most having been sacrificed to the hot rod gods decades ago. It'd be a perfect candidate for that 350 Chevy engine you've got sitting on an engine stand or you could do as I would and keep it exactly as is, possibly with the exception of fitting disc brakes and decent tyres. As they old saying goes.....They're only original once.........

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1968-HK-Holden-Kingswood-Ute-/181089963231
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:28:18 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: HK Ute on eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »
I nearly pissed my self laughing when I read your description Genuine poverty pack :D ;D

but I stopped when I read the price :-*
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:37:24 pm »
I was stopped buying a pie a couple of weeks ago when that other old car thread started.

Coincidentally, this pulled up while I was surfing Ozvmx on the phone. just to busy to post it at the time.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:31:01 pm by Mick De »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »
That HK brings back memories.. Exactly the same as one my dad had back in the day right down to the colour!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 03:22:44 pm »
H.D.
pancho
Poncho the pics Firko posted are of a HK..

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:47 pm »
had a 161 Hk as well but had xtras and mags got me to many a motocross
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:06 pm »
If that old girl is really a Kingswood Firko it should at least have a radio, heater demister and window washers? I can see it has arm rests which the Belmont didn't have..

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »
If that old girl is really a Kingswood Firko it should at least have a radio, heater demister and window washers? I can see it has arm rests which the Belmont didn't have..
We thought that too John but it's down as a Kingswood on the papers. I'm guessing it might have been ordered with those luxuries deleted. I got it wrong however with the window washers, they're there but Al reckons they might be Nasco aftermarket. I'm just the messenger and both Alan and I are going purely by what the old fella told him before he died and what's on the papers. Someone who knows how to read a VIN number will be able to suss out if it had been ordered with items deleted. To me(and you)  it's a Belmont with Kingswood badges.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:40:19 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline xel93

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »

I had a HT Kingswood ute (1970) that didn't have a heater - had everything else kingswood.  Maybe there were some aberant ones coming through

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »
Heater and radio optional in Belmont and Kingswood base 6 cylinder models ;) Not sure about the Chevy V8 ones.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 06:25:03 pm »
More than likely a Kingswood as it has a chrome windscreen mould on the front, but is missing the bonnet mould with the eyebrows, side moulds and should have a chrome mould accross the tailgate. Radio's where an option (std on Prems and GTS Monaro's but was a delete option if you wanted), same as heater. I'd say more than likely a respray a long time ago and the mould's removed as these things where/are rust buckets. Also, someone has painted the grille black like a GTS Monaro and it has Premier wagon tail lights in it. Still a nice old ute, had one as a workute for years....3.3 black motor, traumatic, air cond and done like a GTS Monaro..guards/bonnet/dash/buckets and jellybeans....should have keep it.....it just kept on rusting though.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »
It also has arm rests which a Belmont didn't come with so may well be a Kingswood.
After a tidy up it would be a nice old rig to turn up to vmx club days in..

Curly3

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 08:53:05 pm »
I'd like it as an every day driver, or even better, a Valiant Wayfarer from the late 60's.