Author Topic: New QVMX track at Biddaddaba  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New QVMX track at Biddaddaba
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:39 am »
You blokes are all soft....if I'm not mistaken, the suns out......dont beleive those weather forecasters.....shit, if we led our lives based on there PREDICTIONS we'd all be keyboard racers.....toughen up....how many trollies are coming Popeye?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:14 am »
Whitey take the YZ out to Qld Motopark if QVMX is washed out

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:44 am »
Hey guys, if the weekend is cancelled, do you have any suggestions as to where I could take young Karls bike (YZ250H) to run in & set up?

Are you Karl's old man Whitey?  If so what about that poor old XL250 Honda .. when does it get a birthday?

You might have to wait to see if any of the clubs are going to go ahead with this weekends ride.  Went to a Sunshine Coast club meeting tonight and they are heading out tomorrow to check to see if Conondale is okay for the weekend.  But even then, if the weather continues to be wet it's likely to be cancelled on Friday or Saturday.

And even if the tracks are open, for some of us, just getting there might be impossible with road closures etc.

According to the guys at the meeting MQ or MA are saying they are okay with the weekend being changed to another one so that might be the safest option for some clubs.

I think it's just a case of staying tuned unfortunately ... but the cabin fever is settin in  ;D

Nah, not Karls old man (thank god)! No cabin fever for me...V8s start again this weekend, & im still puttin my RMs together.

Simo63

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:02:41 am »
What's on at Conondale?  Yeah weather not looking good, Track looks great. Well done to those involved.

Yeah the track does look great, well done  8)

To answer your question Popeye, I think the same sort of come and ride day that all the other clubs were planning on the same day.

One of my many roles here at Council is to be a Logistics Team Leader in our Local Disaster Coordination Centre.  Basically any time the LDCC is activated, I swap jobs and work in there.  One thing I’ve learnt over the years is that the weather in Qld is really unpredictable and I affectionately call the Bureau of Meteorology the Bureau of MAYBE-OLOGY.

Who knows what the weather will do but they do expect it to worsen over the weekend and as such I’ve already been asked to confirm my availability to work this weekend.

Check this vapour chart out:

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/4day_col.shtml

This vapour is not always visible as cloud but it gives you an appreciation for how the weather pattern is moving.  As I understand it, the low pressure coming up from the south west is going to hit us Friday and Saturday.  And if it does then I would think there would be no riding this weekend.

The low can also be seen here in the BOM's 4 day forecast:

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/4day_col.shtml

But at the end of the day, if the “Gurus” at the Bureau can’t accurately predict the weather with this sort of information and more, what hope have you and I  ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 09:40:10 am »
Jesus Simo, your glass is half empty mate.....the amount of times they have told me its raining and I look outside and the suns shining....over paid "guessers" that get it wrong more often than not, that would not have a job in the real world....and they have all that technology at there disposal....I guess thats why they have pretty weather forceasters on the TV to take your eye away from what will happen....I stand to be corrected if it pisses down all weekend. ;D

Simo63

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:22 am »
Jesus Simo, your glass is half empty mate.....the amount of times they have told me its raining and I look outside and the suns shining....over paid "guessers" that get it wrong more often than not, that would not have a job in the real world....and they have all that technology at there disposal....I guess thats why they have pretty weather forceasters on the TV to take your eye away from what will happen....I stand to be corrected if it pisses down all weekend. ;D

Lol John ... I agree that's why I call them the Bureau of Maybe-ology.  Who knows the sun might shine all weekend but I have just gone outside and checked my rock weather station and it's bloody wet so according to the instructions it came with:

If the rock is wet, it's raining.
If the rock is swinging, the wind is blowing.
If the rock casts a shadow, the sun is shining.
If the rock does not cast a shadow and is not wet, the sky is cloudy.
If the rock is not visible, it is foggy.
If the rock is white, it is snowing.
If the rock is coated with ice, there is a frost.
If the ice is thick, it's a heavy frost.
If the rock is bouncing, there is an earthquake.
If the rock is under water, there is a flood.
If the rock is warm, it is sunny.
If the rock is missing, there was a tornado.
If the rock is wet and swinging violently, there is a hurricane.

It's wet so it's still raining here  ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:43 am »
Suns been shinning all day down here....you "Sunny Coast" people are just lucky I guess.

Simo63

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
Suns been shinning all day down here....you "Sunny Coast" people are just lucky I guess.

Yeah .. sometimes I think we run the risk of being sued for false advertising .. Sunny Coast .. pffttt ... but you know what they say about Qld .... Beautiful one day, pissing rain the next  ;D

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 06:07:12 pm »
Is the come and try day still on for QVMX, or has it been postponed?

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »
There may not be any "sun" on the Sunny Coast at the moment, but there's no "gold" on the Gold Coast either. ;)

oldfart

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:28 pm »
That's because the Gold is being reclaimed by mother nature ;)

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 07:22:52 pm »
QVMX has been cancelled for this weekend due to the obvious factors. :( :( :(
Even with a new entrance is is just too wet.
Kim

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »
Kim
That's not what Davey Crochet said..!

Simo63

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:36 pm »
Kim

Bugger .. but what happened to mr "glass and a half full - the sun is shining here" Crocket ???  ;D

But sometimes I hate being right  :'(

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 09:17:51 pm »
At this stage Conondale is still on.  Another call will be made on Saturday morning.
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies