Author Topic: Photobucket Problems  (Read 4057 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Photobucket Problems
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:10:16 am »
While attempting to upload some more of my transparicies this morning* I've found Photobucket to be frustratingly slow. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?
*http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=27937.msg272638;topicseen#msg272638
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:12:40 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Tony T

Re: Photobucket Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:49 am »
Are you using the new system, Mark?
I found that to be pretty hopeless and went back to the old one.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:22 am »
Yeah Tony, I'm using the new setup. I'll give the old setup a go and see what's going on.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Tony T

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:30:37 am »
Another thing I noticed was that my uploads for everything got slow when my modem got old.
But try the old system, that fixed it for me.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:39:19 am »
But try the old system, that fixed it for me.
No can do Tony......Here's the guff from the Photobucket website.

***The option to opt out is no longer available***

As you know, we've been working on an all new Photobucket web site! Inspired by user feedback, we've been busy creating faster and more beautiful ways to preserve your memories. We are no longer supporting the original Photobucket. We've shifted all of our attention and focus to the new Photobucket. Are you ready? Click here to switch to the new Photobucket now! 

Here is a list of some new features:

•Beautiful new site design! Stream-lined for ease-of-use.
 •Introducing Stories, a new feature for sharing your awesome moments. Here's our favorite story for you to check out.
 •New intuitive editor that will be available on your mobile device!

Here is our feature update article that users want, these are being added to the site weekly.

We hope you're as excited as we are! See you on the other side!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 12:06:11 pm »
Thats a pisser Firko,
i couldn't make heads nor tails of the "new" system, counldn't get it to work at all, not even access to my existing photo library, so i made the switch back to the old system and now no problems.
bummer for you mate ???
"flat bickie"

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
Hi Firko, I am finding that the new system is heaps quicker.
 Had a few frustrations when it first changed, but after your experience with Village photos, stuck with them because I figured it would get sorted and speed-lined through investment from their new owners face book. Which means they are here to stay.

We have a wireless "D-Link" modem(don't buy the base model, it is shite)
I am using the smallest of all P4 laptop processors, a 1.37ghz, but as always heaps of ram. And fully optimized and healthy with a paid for tune-utility running in the background(best money ever spent).

I just tried it again, loaded a pic in one second.

ummmm,,, so what else may I be doing differently than you??

I am using mozilla, but more importantly, I have used it to block all the advertisements that otherwise come with and bottle neck Photo-bucket.

Like all sites, allow it to fully load first before you give it a task.

You can link it, so that you can load a pic straight to photo-bucket from any page you are looking at, rather than have to save it, and then jump through the multitude of and the usual maze of hoops.

What else,,,oh yes another little frustration until the proverbial penny has dropped. When right clicking to copy/paste pic location, you will get the correct drop down multiple choice you are looking for if you do it on the edge of the loaded pic. Still in the pic, but just inside the edge only, unlike the other drop down menu choice when you click in the middle area of the pic.

Anyhow, got an empire to build, good luck.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:28:41 pm by Mick De »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »
Here you go, not meaning to be a smart arse, but snapped this at a friends place with my mobile, straight to photobucket, and just  copied the link location and posted from m/phone in about five seconds(plus wrtting time).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:43:54 pm by Mick De »

EBT

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:53:53 pm »
I am a pro user but find the new version of photobucket is total crap for me as I load hundreds of photos at once and this new version then puts your photos in a album all mixed up instead of in order of download, plus there are many, many, many other things about the new version of photobucket that is now shit, I have over 20,000 photos there and have been using photobucket for a long time with no hassles until now.

I am now using ( Slickpic.com ) and find it nice and easy and it does everything I need.

The new version of photobucket is more for the facebook lovers that can upload a photo using there phone which will load it fast because there already resized to suit the new version photobucket, try putting your photos straight from your camera onto photobucket and you will have nothing but trouble now.

Cheers Mick.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »
I've had little or no problems with either new or old versions of Photobucket until the last couple of days. While uploading a photo it gets to  around 77% of the upload and it freezes..or just stops.  I like to upload photos and this is frustrating me almost to monitor smashing level ::). I must admit that I much preferred Village Photos even though they went down with 25000 + of my photos. It was much smoother to use in my opinion.

Tony T

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:15:44 pm »
Have you tried resetting your modem, Mark?
i.e. unplug it from power, wait 10 seconds then plug it back in.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »
for me usually the first photo i down load is ok then it goes on the go slow when i try to down load the second or third

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »
The red flashing  " you are the 999,999 visitor " gives me the shit's,   how does one get rid of it ?????

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:42 pm »
Mick,
        Can I ask you if the gentleman in your Maicoletta photo is Jake "The Peg" Rolf Harris or is it Spike Milligan?

Kevin

1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 05:36:50 pm »
Hi Kevin, I suppose it would be hard for anyone to forget the favorite son of Woy Woy. The goons in early days and the Monty Python flicks are historical classics for more than one reason, that's for sure. One of the things I remember Spike for most is a live TV appearance one afternoon with Moly Meldrom. They had obviously just taken acid and Spike started ODing big time during the telecast, even to the stage when he falling about and rubbing his hands over his face muttering the words to Molly "you didn't tell me it would do this". and Moly desperately trying to save the situation. Moly would know exactly what I am talking about. I have never seen it broadcast again, but will never forget it either.