Author Topic: It's only my finger nurse!!  (Read 1183 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
It's only my finger nurse!!
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »
Bit of a laugh [but i wasn't]. was booked in to hospital yesterday to get a finger looked at that went crook just behind the nail after spilling super glue on it while fitting new grips about 12 months ago [maybe that's an unrelated incident but is when the problem began] but wouldn't heal & nail grows like a groove from my 490 on the start line. Anyway, funny bit, was 'only a finger'--screeds of paper work & me asking wifey [what did she say] all the time,[wear your damn hearing aids]. Details checked at about 4 different areas before theater. Hard to understand as no-one is from nz [except the surgeon]. Nurse said go in that cubicle there & everything off except undies, came back soon [& socks, come on] lucky she didn't want it all off or she'd still be lying on the floor laughing. 3 nurses plus an observing lady doctor [i think she was]. Nearly had to help the assisting nurse to plug the [soldering iron] cauterising prongs in the right way around to finish off things--which way do they go!!--'not that way'. more people to wheel the bed in & out & yet more checking of details. All good though, albeit a finger that looks like a leg in plaster [can't play in shed boohoo]. Long story about nothing much sorry but just staggering the amount of Pre-this & that--that's required for a minor opp. Cheers. ps, makes you wonder how things can ever go wrong with so much double checking of details etc but good to see. [was only a finger!!]

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: It's only my finger nurse!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:56 pm »
Lucky you were'nt picking your nose during the original incident! J

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: It's only my finger nurse!!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:59:06 pm »
Heres one to from NZ ;D
We were on holidays in NZ a few years back staying in a motel across from the beach.
 one night there we had some kiwi fesh and chips 8) after tea we throught of taking the motels owners dog for a walk along the beach with our kids , one of my kids wanted to have a running race up the beach no worrys I still have it ;).
after our walk race along the beach one of my daughters said she had a gut ache no way its not the kiwi fesh and chippies :D
 must be form the beach races any way time went buy my partner started to stress out a bit :o
better take her to the hospital the closest one was half hr drive , we drove there buy this time it was 11oclock at night :o
The doctor there if you could call him one :D he said she needs her appendics out ::)
but we had to travel to another hospital to do this kind of work ;) thats was another 2hr drive away.

We got to whangarei hospital around two in the morning, the doc said there aswell we will  take the appendics.
So they did 9oclock in the morning ;)
she stayed in hospital for 5 days to recover  ::) nice holiday ;D
Then when we checked out they said the appendics they took out was fine ??? ::) ;D
She had a bad stomach ache ???
It Didnt cost me a cent I had travel insurance ;)