Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Vintage class Pony Express in SA?  (Read 867 times)

Offline KTM39

• Novice
    • View Profile
Anyone interested in a Vintage class Pony Express in SA?
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:21:08 am »
G'day guys, I'm new on this forum, but I thought I'd ask the question to gauge interest.

I'm currently organising a Pony Express for our club, (Ariel MCC of SA) and I'm soon to finalise the classes.

If there's enough interest, I'll add a vintage class, (6+ entries).

The race will be a 3 hour pony express on private property in the mallee region of SA, near Lameroo, (2 hours drive from Adelaide or 6.5 hours from Melbourne).  Free camping will be available, but there are no permanent facilities on the property.

The event will be on 18/08/2013.  I'm going through the MSA approval process at the moment, but we already host a round of the SA Offroad Series so that won't be an issue.

Entry will be about $55- for MA licence holders, or $100 for those requiring a One Day Licence, (I'm still finalising the entry fee at the moment, so this is subject to change, but it will be close to the quoted amount).  You'll also need to pay $10- for one day membership of the Ariel Club.

There will be Junior classes.

The track will consist of a loop of about 20 mins in tight, sandy mallee scrub with a couple of small hills.  Nothing too difficult about the track, but 3 hours of racing will make it a good test of machine and rider.  I'm expecting a total of 100 - 200 entrants of all abilities.

I was thinking the vintage class would be Pre 1990, or 1985, but I'm open to suggestions depending on interest.

So, let me know if you are interested.  I'll need to know asap if there are enough people to make up a vintage class as I plan to submit the Supp Regs to MSA within a couple of weeks, and I have to finalise the classes to do that.

Offline KTM39

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a Vintage class Pony Express in SA?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:40 am »
No mate - rego not required.

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:37:49 pm »
Talk to drakey

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:51:22 pm »
I'm interested.

Tex

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »
Do I get a discount if I bring an Ariel??