Author Topic: New member in Adelaide  (Read 1768 times)

Offline KTM39

• Novice
    • View Profile
New member in Adelaide
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:02:12 pm »
G'day,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought I should post something.

I don't own a vintage bike at the moment, but we do have my dad's 1 owner XT500 and the YZ80A that dad bought brand new for my brother, (which I also learnt to ride on and has been restored) in the family.

I'm currently on the lookout for a mid 80's Jap 250 MX'er as I've recently finished my RGV 250 project and have set up this year's KTM race bike.

I already recognise several members on this forum - watch out for that Kipo - he's a shady character.  ;)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: New member in Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum, hope you get lots from it. I'd like to see more of the XT - I have a huge soft spot for those. And the YZ80 looks great too!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »
Welcome ol mate, expect lots of shady back door pm's of offers or "would you sell" on the 80A!! :D :D ;)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:52:15 pm »
hi mate, i'm from rAdalaide too. do you go riding at PtGawler ? your YZ80's pretty neat.

Offline KTM39

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:28 am »
hi mate, i'm from rAdalaide too. do you go riding at PtGawler ? your YZ80's pretty neat.
No mate. I have ridden there, but not for several years. Between our club rides, the SAORC, the occasional pony express, ride days at Murray Bridge and Gilman and rides at mate's private properties, I get all the riding I can handle!

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:47:47 pm »
Acusa Pk also has ride days, usually around 8 per year plus a VMX ride day towards the end of each year.

PtGawler is a lot better than it was a few years ago, the tracks are graded every morning and Paul (Chook the caretaker) keeps a fairly tight control on the happenings. plus of course its open almost every day of the year   :)

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »
Welcome KTM39.  You've joined probably the best VMX forum in Australia.  How did you come to choose your name?

Welcome ol mate, expect lots of shady back door pm's of offers or "would you sell" on the 80A!! :D :D ;)

Cheers, Brendan

Oh and by the way .. how much do you want for that old run down YZ80A  ;D ;D