Author Topic: JT racing riding gear  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: JT racing riding gear
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:47 pm »
Thanks for the heads up with Mcleods
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

oldfart

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 06:43:41 pm »
Have any of you ever bought of  "Shark leathers" of Oxenford   QLd

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »
McLeods are only the wholesaler and do not sell to the public.  You'll still have to buy from your local shop or online retailer such as http://www.motorcyclepartsaccessoriesandclothing.com.au/

I also try to support local businesses and would normally not buy from overseas even if cost a bit more to buy local but in cases like this where the saving is about $125 or 50% then I will have to seriously consider buying some at these prices.

But which colour ??  Would prefer something with green in it, but there is only the black/green (a bit black!) or the green/blue, not real fussed on either, might have to get the white/blue but how would it look on a kawa  :-\   

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »
Just spoke to the local shop . They have an account with Mcleods and can supply JT gear the next day if sizes are in stock. Simple. Thanks Bishboy

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »
Just spoke to the local shop . They have an account with Mcleods and can supply JT gear the next day if sizes are in stock. Simple. Thanks Bishboy

If sizes are in stock, what about colours? Is the entire catalogue available? What about price? Pants $? Jersey$? Fill in the blanks for the benefit of all please.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »
Huskibull    Micks Fix Leather repairs   0411 966097....hell do a great job.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:36 pm »
As I said earlier not worried about price. Until tomorrow won't know availability but rest assured I will let you know first how proceedings go...In return you let me know how you go with any warranty claims..if any on your gear. I would imagine it would be pretty hard tracking down some guy operating out of a tent in Nigeria

Cheers

mainline

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:28 pm »
As I said earlier not worried about price.

Hey moneybags, can you buy me a set too?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »
Listen dipshit I gave you all the prizes you / I won at the last CD in QLD....so pis scoff

So can I still store my ferret in you hair?

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:08 pm »
On motorcyclepartsaccessoriesandclothing.com.au they have pants for $198, jerseys for $63 and gloves for $36 or $45 with free postage  

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »
As I said earlier not worried about price. Until tomorrow won't know availability but rest assured I will let you know first how proceedings go...In return you let me know how you go with any warranty claims..if any on your gear. I would imagine it would be pretty hard tracking down some guy operating out of a tent in Nigeria

Cheers

Thats fantastic that you're in a position to not need worry about your pennies but not everyone has the same luxury.

On motorcyclepartsaccessoriesandclothing.com.au they have pants for $198, jerseys for $63 and gloves for $36 or $45 with free postage  

Now judging by this aus pricing it really wouldn't matter if my i had any problems with my stuff would it? I could order a whole second set and still at about par with buying local, so for the same $$'s id have a good set and a set with say..... a busted zip? Or buckle? Wouldn't bother me at all  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:58:36 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »
You worry about your pennies and I will do the same

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:17 pm »
Bit off topic but I wonder do those who promote buying from local business also buy Australian grown/made produce and goods from the supermarket.   "Every family needs a farmer"

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 10:39:00 pm »
Do those who buy parts offshore also shop for their groceries in downtown Bejing

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:32 pm »
Bit off topic but I wonder do those who promote buying from local business also buy Australian grown/made produce and goods from the supermarket.   "Every family needs a farmer"

Haha, good point.  ;)

Do those who buy parts offshore also shop for their groceries in downtown Bejing

Ted if you're not done carrying on i'll let you know that I live in lovely Bacchus Marsh, Vic. A town known for its apple industry and vast amounts of market gardens, to answer your question i drive past no less than 3 large chain supermarkets before i arrive at my local FARMER and buy directly from him at his family run produce shop. I hope that is enough for you to eventually come to terms with me saving a few pennies on a set of mx riding gear, and if its not  :P to you.

Cheers, Brendan