Author Topic: JT racing riding gear  (Read 7731 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: JT racing riding gear
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »
Will she make leather pants?

What has she made, pants & jerseys?  I'm interested in both.
John she used to make and repair leathers and then went into nylons when it became the gear to wear.
Nothing in the jersey area although I can get some plain long sleeve jerseys with a collar in basic colours that we wear in pre75.
They look alot like rugby tops but are made from a wicking fabric so they are pretty cool though not light like a vented race jumper.
The vented type are available from the UK in the race colours of the day. 

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »
Who's the best supplier to buy off....not necessarily price wise but getting them to your door sometime this century. What is the normal delivery time for pants, jersey and gloves?
They have old stock JT jersey and pants on ebay at the moment for $99 in the US!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: JT racing riding gear PICS ADDED
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 11:18:57 am »
Well my jt racing gear just arrive in the mail i have to say im wrapped with the stuff, fits great which i was anxious about as i ordered on line but its spot on!  ;D The pants and jersey cost me a total of $117.50 delivered to my door from the US!!! I really do feel for aussie retailers but i just cant justify buying on shore at that price!! The seller also sent me a full color glossy JT cattledog and its an awesome bit of gear too, complete with "period correct" models!  ;D I'll post some pics soon, for those that are keen to get some the seller id i bought from can be found if type verbatim " seller id:sacalsurplus " into your ebay search bar.

Cheers, Brendan

THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:30:46 am »
Hey Rookie how much did this seller charge you for postage . His listings state US$52 which looks way to high compared to your buy price?

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:31:59 am »
Hey Rookie how much did this seller charge you for postage . His listings state US$52 which looks way to high compared to your buy price?

When i said total, thats what meant! Bloody bargain  ;) ;D Maybe he's upped his shipping price  :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Sgt Hugo Stiglitz

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 11:35:57 am »
  I really do feel for aussie retailers but i just cant justify buying on shore at that price!!

Yeah good one pal, you just cost another aussie a job.

The JT distributer for Australia is McCleod Accessories http://www.mcleodaccess.com.au/

Support Australian retailers

Hugo xxx
Everyone in the German Army has heard of HUGO STIGLITZ.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »
This JT stuff looks the goods and for those prices I can see nearly everyone at the races wearing it. This is a lot better than seeing much of the yukky 90's era clothing many of us wear that looks so out of place on a vintage bike. I've always fought the battle for racers to wear more period correct clothing and while Metro pants leave a bit to be desired quality wise, at least it looks right and their jerseys are pretty decent. Because I've dropped a few pounds I've been buying up new gear that satisfies my need for being period correct yet safe. I managed to purchase a pair of Italian made nylon/kevlar pants in all black with no logos or coloured stripes. They're a bit thick for motocross (like me.lol) but will be perfect for my dirt track exploits. I also have a NOS pair of white FOX pants and a pair of mostly black AXO kevlars I got for $20 that look just right for the Evo era. It's easier to find period jerseys...I've got a bunch of Maico jerseys from various makers and got some cool period LOP, Wheelsmith, T&M Engineering and other perforated nylon jerseys from Doug Childress on Marks Swapmeet.
http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/largephoto.cgi?C=RdsyCtRSEk5CQbff&w=2 . The quality is superb and there's still plenty of room on the XXXL to wear armour under the jersey, even for a big hunk like me. I've even got a Bell Moto 9 helmet with period graphics. I know I've argued the point about the need for period correct clothing before but with this new JT stuff, Metro and other suppliers entering the vintage market, everyone can look as good as his bike.
BELOW: A couple of Doug Childress' great jerseys.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:06:04 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »
I can't help but feel that Metro are sticking it up me with incredibly high shipping prices.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »
  I really do feel for aussie retailers but i just cant justify buying on shore at that price!!

The JT distributer for Australia is McCleod Accessories http://www.mcleodaccess.com.au/

Hugo xxx

LISTEN HERE SGT HUGO!! I have been a long supporter of aussie business and have parted with more dollars than i had to on many occasions to "think local and buy local", many many times i have deviated out of my way on main interstate hwy's to go buy my fuels and have a feed in some shit box-butfork town purely not support the big roadhouses and hope to see these little general stores live on. I think about aussie business a lot and normally always give them first shot at everything but now im feeling the squeeze a little and have to save my dollars where i can, so you can blame me "costing another aussie job" or you can blame one of the lazy forks the may work for that company or any company for that matter who have sat on their ass collecting dole payments at one stage or another, sapping our economy when they are perfectly able bodied and capable of working!! As your recommendation of the oz supplier i suggest you tell them to get their website in order, offer on line pricing and a shopping cart and maybe someone might actually make a purchase!!! Might i add that with post count limited to 26 in over 2 years, while we're making recommendations i'd suggest you that when you muster up the effort to make one of you rare contributions to the forum you could probably do it in a more positive or beneficial manner.

Cheers, Brendan McGainfullyemployedandsupportingoureconomy.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:45:03 pm by Rookie#1 »

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 02:35:25 pm »
Bit touchy Brendan junior not sleepin all the way through yet. ;)

New stuff looks good must be the same place I was looking at as its the same price, how do the sizes compare to your old riding gear the same, bigger, smaller.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:37:51 pm by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 04:01:57 pm »
Will she make leather pants?

What has she made, pants & jerseys?  I'm interested in both.
John she used to make and repair leathers and then went into nylons when it became the gear to wear.
Nothing in the jersey area although I can get some plain long sleeve jerseys with a collar in basic colours that we wear in pre75.
They look alot like rugby tops but are made from a wicking fabric so they are pretty cool though not light like a vented race jumper.
The vented type are available from the UK in the race colours of the day. 
Would that be Georgina Reeves by any chance?

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:10 pm »
   Would she repair leathers etc if so would anybody have her contact details ? -cheers

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 05:14:41 pm »

Hugo xxx

I like my local bike shop, I like the people and they do their best to look after me.

A while ago I tried to purchase a full set of kit from my local shop, nil stock in store, they called the distributor for availability to find nil stock. I purchased my gloves from another local store (well within 70 klm of where I live) and wanted to buy the complete kit, but of course they didn't have my size or colour. I had a similar issue when wanting to buy some AlpineStars tech 8's  they didn't even import the colour I wanted!

I'm happy to pay a few extra dollars more, but I expect service. So when the Australian Distributors support me, I'll happily go back to them. They just dont have stock and can't match USPS 6-10 day delivery.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:17:08 pm by XC83 »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 05:45:31 pm »
Bit touchy Brendan junior not sleepin all the way through yet. ;)

New stuff looks good must be the same place I was looking at as its the same price, how do the sizes compare to your old riding gear the same, bigger, smaller.

Haha actually she's sleepin 8-10 hours a night now!! :o ;D
I just get a little annoyed when someone who doesn't know me holds me responsible for some of the nations woes ::) to answer your other question, the sizing is great. I ordered my jean size an they fit exactly right. With adjustment all the way in they are perfect and have plenty of room in velcro and hip adjustment should one wish to indulge a little throughout a season  ::) ;).

Cheers, Brendan

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »

Hugo xxx

I'm with you Hugo....I always try and spend my cash here. Just ordered Ohlins from Cramer. Exhaust from GMC. Front forks from Teknik. Tank from Maxwells. Fuel tap from Westerns. All Australian businesses.  Maybe thats why my bikes cost more to build

Sometimes we are forced to buy genuine parts offshore because of NLA in oz.

Fair dinkum they could start another thread on here " I just saved a squillion on a Chinese bearing to suit my shitbox but the fuka wants 2K to ship it here "
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:56:46 pm by Ted »
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B