Author Topic: JT racing riding gear  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
JT racing riding gear
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:54 am »
Has anyone bought JT racing's riding gear, is it any good, its looks good on the net but cant find anywhere around that stocks it to have a look for myself.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: JT racing riding gear
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:33:52 am »
Ask Craig Taylor-suzuki59 what he thinks, has been using it since it became available again. Looks the goods & I'm not talking about Craig here

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:40:04 am »
Have a set of JT Classick - the knees are a little bulky compared to their ProTek range but other than that I am very pleased.  Also have a new ALS helmet and love the fit compared to many.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:44:13 am »
Have the classic pants. Excellent quality, adjustable waist (very important!) and good ventilation. Have some rubberized stuff in back that stops your shirt coming out. Recommended.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:26 am »
The riding pants are very durable , a little bulky around the knees  but if you wear knee brace protection they fit real snug with out being overly tight.
Top gear
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 09:15:22 am »
I use the pants, jersey & gloves, love em all, very good quality.  I agree with what has been said about the pants; I wear knee-braces so I like it.

I didn't buy the helmet as I think it is too heavy, over the years I have come to realize the importance of a light helmet, I wear Suomy Jump when wearing a full-face.  I think the only helmet lighter than that is a Airoh.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:32:28 am »
Ask Craig Taylor-suzuki59 what he thinks, has been using it since it became available again. Looks the goods & I'm not talking about Craig here
Yes I concur with the others the gear is very good quality-only point to be aware is that the pants are definitely on the bigger side but perfect if you run knee braces (which I dont).I like my helmet its not the lighest but is definitely no heavier than the bell moto 9 and one industries helmets I used to wear- but they look way cooler than anything else out there and again the quality is very good (way better than bell helmets).

Tony27 I am pleased you qualified that statement  ;D

maico police

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:23 am »
I have a full set of yellow/black with helmet and full set of pink/white less helmet.

I didn't think I'd like the helmet being a bit heavier than my Fox kevlar but after a couple of laps I forgot all about it.
Uber cool. 8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:05:43 pm by Mont »

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »
Thanks for that people I thought they looked good on the net will have to order some cheers Andrew
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »
Who's the best supplier to buy off....not necessarily price wise but getting them to your door sometime this century. What is the normal delivery time for pants, jersey and gloves?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Montynut

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 05:54:42 pm »
The set I have are great quality and fit well and really good if you wear knee braces.

The only problem I have had is that in really muddy conditions the pants seem to take on a lot of water and become very heavy. Mr VMX 2011 type mud I mean ::)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:37 pm »
I bought mine from East Coast Vintage in Florida (Jason Weaver), it wasn't available here at the time.  His JT helmets (old model) are $180 !!!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 06:33:35 pm »
Anyone interested in custom pants, I have found an old friend that made top quality gear back in the day and she says she is willing to drag out her old machine-if only to remember the good old days :D
She is willing to do some one off stuff and can therefore put logos on that the others cant.
Contact me via this thread if you want more details.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »
Will she make leather pants?

What has she made, pants & jerseys?  I'm interested in both.

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »
I think the gloves (life line - the more expensive of the two types) are the best dirt bike gloves I've owned, apart from being colour coordinted and looking snappy, they have padding/layering in the right places and I dont get sore hands or blisters. Did I mention they look good?