Author Topic: chinese Metisse frames  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
Re: chinese Metisse frames
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »
I have to agree with that one . So true . But that is one man and not the whole nation .

it's just not one man, it's the county's ethical standards.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »
And how do you tell them apart?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »
And how do you tell them apart?

you stand over his shoulder and watch... otherwise you've got no chance  :D

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 10:11:27 pm »
They grow food in the next paddock to effluent facilities. They have no morals. When you watch airport security, who are the majority that try to buck the system and plead ignorant? I reckon 80% Asians. They are always going out of their way to do the wrong thing.

Curly3

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »
That's because they're thinking it means Affluent.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 10:26:25 pm »
That's because they're thinking it means Affluent.
:D :D :D :D :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:34 pm »
Back to the subject and away from racial stereotyping for a sec.....
Unless you call Thailand "China" Mark, GAZI are made entirely in Thailand as are YSS I beleive though they both/all may source seals etc... from the mainland.
My apologies to Gazi and Walter, I got a little confused when I saw these Chinese units for sale on eBay for $88+shipping and when I compared them to the Gazi shocks on my bike found that they were absolutely identical. It seems the Chinese must be ripping off their Thai opposition. Who'd have thought? ::)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 02:51:54 am »
I bought a choho chain for my bike (89 rmx 250) been out so far for 3 rides and I flog the guts out of my bike at around 6 hours each ride and the chain hasn't started to stretch.Compared to other name brand chains I've had on other bikes mostly 125's that need adjusting every ride.Paid $50 for the chinese choho compared to other big name ones at over twice the price I think it holds up quite well so far.

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 09:39:23 am »
Hey Firko,I have a question about the billet throttle pictured. Have you used one on a 38mm carby and if so was the action 1/4 turn. I bougt a cheap plastic throttle once and it was to much movement to get full throttle. To much on the wrist when riding had to lower elbow to get full throttle. They look the goods but I don't want to waste my $30.
Thanks Neil

This old China v Quality discussion pops up from time to time and I'll agree and disagree with most of the arguments. The complete bikes and quads are a little short on the quality but they're getting better. We've got one of those three quarter sized 115cc quads down on the farm and in the 7 or 8 years we've had it it's been pretty unbreakable, the only problems being the odd broken cable and bent rims. The motor still has its original spark plug. The aftermarket stuff available for pitbikes is in many cases good stuff. I've mentioned the stainless steel fatty footpegs before..... the pegs we pay $100+ for at the respectable motorcycle retail outlets are the exact same items that come from the exact same factories as the elCheapo pit bike items sold on eBay for under $30. A good mate of mine has been to the factory in Chengdu and seen the pegs going into name brand packaging for the Western market. Don't get sucked in by fancy "made in USA" packaging.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Foot-Pegs-for-Honda-CRF-50-70-90-pit-dirt-bike-CRF-50-70-90-/160955402962?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2579b08ad2

I'm a bit of a throttle junkie...I've got Magura (3 different types) Gunnar Gasser (the real ones, not the Chines copies), Doherty, Amal and more but the best quality throttle I've ever seen are the billet aluminium ones sold on eBay for $30 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Color-CNC-THROTTLE-CLAMP-for-7-8-CRF-50-XR50-PIT-DIRT-BIKE-CRF-70-1-4-turn-/150976825047?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2326eb86d7

Every part bar the see through top is made of billet alloy and runs on ball bearings. I've got them on my IT250, Sherco and both flat trackers. I'd have 'em on my vintage motocrossers too but they look a tad too modern/bling for pre 75. I also use the chain guides shown below. They're as cheap as chips and are pretty good quality. A mate's had one on his (reasonably)modern bike for 3 years and over Christmas I noticed it still  there in good working nick .

Sure, the "Cholins" Ohlins copy shocks are crap but why not use 'em for dirt track. There was a set of base model Gazi shocks on the DT1 I got from Nathan and he reckoned they were fine, if a little short on travel. They're made in China folks. The point I'm making is that disregarding a part simply because it's made in China can cost you money. I build a lot of bikes on a self funded retiree budget and if I didn't dig out these bargains from Asia my builds would cost appreciably more. Don't overlook seat covers and handlebars from Thailand, Handlebars and all sorts off goodies from the Royal Enfield factory in India and other left field sellers in faraway lands.                             

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 10:06:56 am »
No Neil, I haven't had the opportunity to use one on a 38mm carb but it works fine on a similar body 36 Mikuni and a Bing with no problem. They're a proper 1/4 turn, and actually are a simlar design to the Gunnar Gasser style but all billet. You might find that the cable adjuster is a different thread to that on your cable though, I've found two different thread ends on the three I've got. For some reason the adjuster doesn't come with the throttle.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:43:52 am »
Thanks Mark, I will give one a go.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
With talk of how shitty Chinese bikes are, has anybody checked out one of these CF Moto 650's? I was next to one in traffic the other day and if looks have anything to do with it it's a winner. When I got home I Googled them to find out a bit about them...my first surprise being that it's made in China, the second being how up spec the thing is. Look at the spec sheet below and you wouldn't be blamed for thinking it's a Euro or Japanese sporty 650. I then read the following review and was further impressed. http://www.bikepoint.com.au/reviews/2012/road/first-ride-cf-moto-650nk-30173  With all of this talk about new flat track bikes, you wouldn't go wrong basing a bike around one of these engines. Peter Campbell is experimenting with the Chinese Cagiva Canyon single motor for dirt track and most of us know that he's no idiot so it might be worth checking out some more of the newer stuff coming out of China before we write them all off as shit. It's only a matter of time before they produce a quality dirt bike and when they do we might just see another rush of excitement similar to when the DT1 was released, remembering that prior to 1967 nobody took the Jap cars or bikes  seriously either. The big saying of the era was "You wouldn't see me driving that Jap crap", sounds kinda like our attitude to Chinese products today doesn't it ::)?

SPECS: CF MOTO 650NK

ENGINE

Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC parallel twin

Capacity: 649.3cc

Bore x stroke: 83mm x 60mm

Compression ratio: 11.3:1

Fuel system: Electronic fuel injection

Emissions: Euro 3

Claimed maximum power: 69.73hp (50.9kW) at 8500rpm

Claimed maximum torque: 62Nm at 7000rpm

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
Exactly Firko-no one would even think of driving/riding Jap Crap in the 60's and even into the 70's.
Just shows how forward thinking guys like Preston Petty and the Ekins were :D

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »
i think the problem is people get Chinese standards confused with Japanese standards... the Japanese business model was to copy something, then improve and perfect it until you've made a better, more efficent product than the original.
while the Chinese businese model is simply to copy something, then make it as cheaply as possible and people start complaining and refuse to buy it. their governments refusal to respect any copyright patents for domestic sales shows the lack of ethics and standards they live by.

*not really a rant but close  :D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »
Claimed Max HP on the CFmoto 650 is slightly more than the claimed on a stock CB750 K series.... :( The Chinese export machines WILL be right up there before very long, no ifs or buts.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.