Author Topic: 12hour on a Pre 85 bike  (Read 1714 times)

EBT

12hour on a Pre 85 bike
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else is going to be riding the Transmoto 12hour at Batemans Bay NSW 23-24 March on there Pre 85 bike, I am going to give it a crack for the 3rd time on my IT 175 G it would be great to see a few more old smokers out there.

Here is my old girl I will be riding at the 12 hour again.

Cheers Mick.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 12hour on a Pre 85 bike
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:23 pm »

how hard of a ride is it .

bit more InFo if you can Please .........
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

EBT

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:54:48 pm »

how hard of a ride is it .

bit more InFo if you can Please .........

The riding is not that hard although if you ride the 12hour on your own ( Ironman ) as I do it sure does wear you out if you push to hard in the first 6 hours, I have managed to complete both the 12 hours I have been in but suffered for it with monkey butt  :-\ cramps like you have never felt before, but then I am totally out of shape so any half fit bloke should be fine  ;D

The loop is about 10K's long you can enter with a 4 man team, 2 man team, mixed team or ironman, they give you a transponder to fit to your bike, if in a team only one ride is allowed on the loop at any one time.

This event is just like riding in a vinduro event, you can stop anytime you like for drinks rest over the 12 hours and it has got to be the most laid back race I have ever entered.

Cheers Mick.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:11:00 am »
Does the bike have to be registered?

EBT

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
Does the bike have to be registered?

No rego needed its on private property and you dont need lights as they run it pretty much from daylight to darkish moto-x bikes are welcome, there was a old YZ 250 in the event last year and it was as rough as looking and he was wearing what looked like a spray booth suit and a old ASDE open face helmet, he won the main give away prize  ;D it really is a great fun race, you can take it as serious or as laid back as you like.

You will see blokes there like pro rider Glen Kearney right down to weekend warriors all out there at once, all the gun riders give you plenty of room-time to get out of there way.

It would be good to see more Pre 85 bikes out there as it is a good way to promote the Pre 85 era and there is nothing like passing mod bikes on your 30+ year old bike  ;D

Cheers Mick.

EBT

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

Here is a short video of the event last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDH8Xz2j87c&feature=youtu.be

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:14 pm »
Couple of hundred dollars will do it.

Course is about on par with a typical Rockley Vinduro, maybe slightly trickier. Certainly not killer.
(The 2011 course was significantly harder than the 2012 course - given the amount of positive feedback they got last year, I'm expecting this year's to be like 2012).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

EBT

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »
I heard there going to have the creek crossing back for 2013 like they had for 2011 which I am glad about as it is something else to wear you out over 12 hours  ;D I just hope it is not 31c like it was in 2011

Cheers Mick.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:55:57 pm »
Mick

looks like i will be riding with one of my Welsh buddies , not sure if as a team or iron men , but looks like we are riding

Shoey
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

EBT

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »
Mick

looks like i will be riding with one of my Welsh buddies , not sure if as a team or iron men , but looks like we are riding

Shoey

Good to hear Shoey I will keep a lookout for you mate, it should not be to hard to find some other old smokers in amongst 400 mod bikes  ;D dont forget to subcribe to Transmoto Magazine that way you get first crack at entering, once they get to 400 entries thats it.

Be good to see you and your mate in the ( ironman class ) there is no better feeling than just riding non stop for 12hours  ;D :D

Cheers Mick.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:47:37 pm by EBT »

EBT

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 01:04:06 am »
Some FAQ info for those interested in this event.

http://www.transmoto.com.au/12-hour/faq/