Author Topic: 86 ktm rear mastercylinder  (Read 2160 times)

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
86 ktm rear mastercylinder
« on: December 24, 2012, 09:14:11 am »
looking for a 1986 ktm 250 rear brake master cylinder and resevoir
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:30:56 am by gra1961 »

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 85 ktm rear mastercylinder
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:10:05 pm »
You would mean 86. 85 had drum rear brake.

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 85 ktm rear mastercylinder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:29:46 am »
yes it is a 86 model i would be interested in the m/cylinder and resv. also need the rod from m/cylinder to brake pedel

Offline pmcburney

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 86 ktm rear mastercylinder
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »
You wouldn't be interested in a whole bike by any chance?

I'm thinking seriously about putting my '86 500 up for sale - in one piece of course.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »
You wouldn't be interested in a whole bike by any chance?

I'm thinking seriously about putting my '86 500 up for sale - in one piece of course.

MX or GS

Offline pmcburney

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 11:10:32 am »
My apologies for the thread hijack.- I will cross-post this to the For Sale section as well.

It's a GS, with a compliance plate, converted to MX with the MX rear subframe and all new MX (DC) plastics.
The compliance plate is legit too, it's one of the Bert Flood imports from back in the day - it matches the frame, so it can be legally road-registered anywhere.
Because of this fortuitous happenstance, I was considering motarding it and launching it up Mt Glorious on the odd occasion to scare the locals - I may still do this if it doesn't sell.

I've gone right through the bike, chassis-wise (forks, swing-arm bearings, rear shock) and replaced the troublesome magnesium clutch-cover with a later model aluminium one, so you won't have water-pump corrosion issues.
The radiators have been refurbished and are straight and leak-free.
A lot of rubber stuff has been replaced as well, so it doesn't leak air, and various fasteners and consumables have been replaced with new.
The rims have a couple of minor dings (not enough to be an issue) and the tyres and chain/sprockets are used but serviceable.
Cosmetically it's original, IOW it's a rider not a museum piece - usual scratches and wear marks but no dings/bends/cracks and the frame is straight.
The pipe and muffler are original with a couple of dings and repairs, but they're serviceable.

I've also fitted a flat-slide Keihin which I may keep - the original Bing goes with it either way.
I'm fairly certain it's the correct 565 engine as well.

It goes like the absolute friggin' clappers, hence the reason for the potential sale, as it's way too much for me - my 495 is a pussycat compared to this thing!
It flung me off at Conondale last year and re-jiggered my already separated AC and I've not ridden it in anger since.

I don't have detailed pics at the moment (I can take more for an interested party), but here's a teaser:

Send me a PM if you're really interested - I don't want stupid money for it, just essentially what it's cost me to get it to where it is now.

Ta
Paul
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:44:28 am by pmcburney »