Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 98825 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #465 on: April 12, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »
If the age races were combined to be all capacities (18 races down to six), and some non-championship status classes are combined, could the entire event be brought back to two days?

If so, how many more people would be genuinely prepared to enter this event? (Assuming entries could be left open for another week?)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Montynut

« Reply #466 on: April 12, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »
Man I have read some twaddle in my time, but this lot takes some beating.
The irony is that when the big push for Pre85 and Pre90 was on, a lot of noise was along the lines of "if you dont let in the newer eras  the sport will die as the old bikes and riders drop out"
Reality is the Classic Nats 2012 had champion level entries in every class including Pre60 All Powers, Pre65 250, 13 riders and 263+8 riders. Pre 75 250cc attracted 43 entries alone.
  Nearly         every age group had championship fields (the up to 30 and 30-39 being the exception) Superseniors (over 70yo)had 8 ffs. 50-59 age in 250cc had 28 riders.Pre75 125cc 50-59 had 16 entries but -30 had only 3
So much for old bikes and old blokes dropping out if there's no new eras.
Pre 78 went ballistic, now being the new bikes in "Classic" with 33 250s and 24 125s and 38 263+.Lakes could meet their quota with Pre78 alone.
Part of the mantra from the Pre85 and 90 lobbyists was ( longer races, more tracks suitable for our superior suspention and brakes) which is exactly what Lakes is offering.
The economy. Yes we all know its tough out there, and we feel for those who are genuinely sruggling, however it was tough 9 months ago and the punters turned up in droves.
There has been a lot of talk about how the local clubs should provide 70/80% of the entry.
For the statistically minded herewith is how the Classic Nat demographic went.It is calculated on classes entered ( a more illustrative stat than rider entries). Ive separated Central/North Qld as alot of them travelled further than Sydney riders for instance. WA is also separate as their logistical effort is so great. NSW, Vict. and SA are grouped.Qld metro includes Sunshine and Gold Coast.
NSW/Vict/SA  32%
North Qld         7%
West Aust        4%
Metro Qld       57%
Im not offering any conclusion as to the contrasting support for the 2012 Classic and the 2013 Post Classic.A lot of the reasons for the lack of entries for the Post Classic are valid, but they were mostly equally valid 10 months ago.

Thankyou so much for your clear and logically points that puts this whole thing into perspective. Fantastic post!!

I genuinely thought that this meeting was the chance for Post Classic to absolutely shine and the flame has hardly spluttered into life. All we have seen and heard so far are excuses and blame.

All that is needed is for people to enter come and enjoy into the spirit of the Post Classic Nationals, ride at a well-run meeting on a perfect track for post classic racing.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »
If they dont have 100 entries by the close today I cant see any reason to flog a dieing horse.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »
to add too Col's stat's.
From race programs.
Bikes:
Qld Conondale Nationals:
84-pre85/Evo
219-pre78

SA Crystal Brook:
130-pre90
304-pre78

note: most of these bikes had riders in both era's
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:38:35 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 12, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
to add too Col's stat's.
From race programs.
Bikes:
Qld Conondale Nationals:
84-pre85/Evo
219-pre78

SA Crystal Brook:
130-pre90
304-pre78

Wow!
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »
Just noticed John your from outrim, I'm originally from Inverloch and still have Brother and some mates in Leogatha.....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 12, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
Just noticed John your from outrim, I'm originally from Inverloch and still have Brother and some mates in Leogatha.....

Not wishing to take this thread off subject, I'm actually from Frankston during all my mx years, loved riding all Gippsland tracks .... loam city!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 12, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
65 bikes, from the update from yesterday.

The talk of blame is interesting - as I said earlier, it's a two way street. The business that blames its potential customers for not buying their product, is never going to prosper. ;)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 12, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
65 bikes, from the update from yesterday.

The talk of blame is interesting - as I said earlier, it's a two way street. The business that blames its potential customers for not buying their product, is never going to prosper. ;)
What does saying that achieve other than getting the host clubs nose out of joint? They've ticked pretty much every box yet people want to pick holes in what they are doing. It's a simple matter of people not getting behind Vmx by entering.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »
Because I've got my nose out of joint about the riders being blamed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we all want this event to go ahead and be a success - everyone who's said "I'm not going because...", has been dismissed as a whinger or making excuses.
It may be too late for this event, but surely there's some useful input from those "whingers"?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
Because I've got my nose out of joint about the riders being blamed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we all want this event to go ahead and be a success - everyone who's said "I'm not going because...", has been dismissed as a whinger or making excuses.
It may be too late for this event, but surely there's some useful input from those "whingers"?

I tend to agree with Nathan, I applaud the club for making the effort but maybe it is not all planned quite right to appeal to a lot of riders, sure there are economic considerations but that never goes away.

Sure it is a combination of things, things that can only become evident from discussion with those that are not entering.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 12, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
Why anyone would want to put up their hand to put an event on, to a bunch of old whinging pricks that want to blame the hosting club and moan about all sorts of things that are the reason why they can't make it. Its only natural the club has a spit when they have put so much into it. Especially after all the bullshit talk up of such an event. Plenty of guys had plenty to say in the beginning.
Cyber racing at its finest.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:12:56 PM by 090 »

Offline TheDamo

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
I am one of and I am sure not the only guy who missed the deadline for a variety of reasons.
My only question is the club going to extend the entry date to give the meeting some oxygen or is it all over?

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 12, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
I am one of and I am sure not the only guy who missed the deadline for a variety of reasons.
My only question is the club going to extend the entry date to give the meeting some oxygen or is it all over?
The day isn't over. Email your entry in bud.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 12, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
really there is no excuse if its a time thing u can email your entry and its there in 2 seconds(and they have been out for a couple of months) ;)