Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 98209 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles - Confirmed
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Odd1 if anyone complains we'll find you something to drive.
Anyway, it sounds like if someone turned up with a Yam650 and it had some later bits inside no-one would complain would they?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »

[/quote]

I know two enties that can run at his pace and will be better equipped this time out.
[/quote] Are you going to put them on a more reliable brand?  :P
[/quote]

Name one non Japanese company with more world titles? Come on you know you want one  ;D 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
Just as some solo classes are allowed to enter on the grounds that there were no improvements in the design, surely the difference in a pre90 and a '94 model is minute and once again, I suggest that to have a couple of 'ring-ins' to build up field numbers, is far more important at this time (no sidecar cross in NSW for several years) than to not have a race at all! ( FFS!!)
This is exactly the same argument we had before Wyaralong last year and look at the low numbers we had in that field.

Perhaps if you didn't want him to race it, you shouldn't have sold it to him! 

Montynut

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Just as some solo classes are allowed to enter on the grounds that there were no improvements in the design, surely the difference in a pre90 and a '94 model is minute and once again, I suggest that to have a couple of 'ring-ins' to build up field numbers, is far more important at this time (no sidecar cross in NSW for several years) than to not have a race at all! ( FFS!!)
This is exactly the same argument we had before Wyaralong last year and look at the low numbers we had in that field.

Perhaps if you didn't want him to race it, you shouldn't have sold it to him! 

We really want to have the sidecar at the Titles. Fropm their comments the Lakes Club a super keen to see the sidecars ripping around their track.

Presently the MOMS only has a Pre85 class listed and I would not think we could combine a championship class with a support class. Can we work on getting a grid of Pre85s?

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
Ok I am going to answer all your so called facts
1 Please don't refer to me as Steve only my mates get to call me by my first name and your not one of them.
2 The frame of my bike is stamped 9016 not 91 not 94 not 98 or 99
3 When the bike was purchased from Mr Huckstaple not one mention was made of 98 parts being on the bike  by him or you all that was said was it had new parts on it which to me meant new 90 parts not 98 and in fact it took you nearly 2 months to come clean and tell me it had 98 parts on it. This fact only came out when I asked you  for a letter to say that the frame was the same as a 89 there was nothing sinister in my request and please don't imply that I was trying to cheat.  When asked to produce the evidence that these parts are in fact 98 parts i'm still waiting. I won't hold my breath.
There are lots of great people who own and race and turn up and contribute to sidecar racing all you ever do is turn up to 1 race a year and spend the 11 months leading up to it throwing hand grenades. If you can't say anything positive shut up remember not 4 weeks ago you announced that you have retired go, the sport will be better off without you.
4 As far as an offer of a sidecar I think you will probably understand it I decline your hollow offer. Why don't you sponsor some young teams that live in SA instead of letting them collect dust.
5 John Robbinson was the EML importer
And finally please don't send me any hate mail I will post it straight up
Regards Stephen Baker

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
Didn't take you long!

Wasp
Legend

(No subject)
« Sent to: odd1 on: Today at 08:44:20 PM » 
I am expecting the ASA campain machinery to com on soon with the usual smear and defamation tactics 

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 10:17:58 PM »

I know two enties that can run at his pace and will be better equipped this time out.
[/quote] Are you going to put them on a more reliable brand?  :P
[/quote]

Name one non Japanese company with more world titles? Come on you know you want one  ;D 
[/quote] yes I want one but I don't need one. I already have the best of the eras!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »
Please everyone remember this thread is meant to be about promoting the 2013 Post ClaSSIC MX Titles.To that end reasonable discussion about eligibility is fair enough but it is NOT the place to air personal squabbles. In my view, the posts regarding a particular sidecar's eligibility are not in the spirit of the thread. I shall delete any more such posts.

You all can read the MOMS and at the end of the day, the MOMS and Supp Regs will define the competition. Entrants should bear these in mind when entering. It will be up to the officials on the day to make the call whether a machine conforms.

So let's keep to the theme of this thread. Thank you.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »
As usual, the shit hits the fan.
Thank you Grahame.

So, to clear it up, do we just want pre85s ( which unfortunately does include some nearly modern 2 strokers) or should we aim for pre90s

My honest opinion is to have a field of singles and twin fourstrokes only-they sound the goods and are all very close in competition.

Now, where did I see that SC500 motor, I want to build a "modern" pre75 :D :D :D :D

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
So these are pre 90s titles but sidecars are only upto pre 85, makes a lo of sense

TM BILL

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
So these are pre 90s titles but sidecars are only upto pre 85, makes a lo of sense

To be fair i think that its upto the sidecar people to submit applications or go through the correct channels to have the MOMs amended to include pre 90 sidecars .

That track at lakes looks great , i wont be in a position to ride ( not my era anyway ) but will try to come to watch and be pit Bitch for Joan , Brad and Stewy  etc  :)

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »
Well I consider myself a logical bloke hence when I saw pre 90s titles with a sidecar class I thought my 86 model would qualify as 86 comes before 90 so I think it strange that the class is only pre 85

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »
Greg I received your email, will reply tomorrow,
Everyone wants Sidecars but numbers???

Lakes MBC

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 04:33:30 AM »
G`day guys
on board now to respond to all your requests to make this one the best ever
awaiting input
Rob & Darren
Lake Macquarie Motor Bike Club

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 08:17:12 AM »
Greg I received your email, will reply tomorrow,
Everyone wants Sidecars but numbers???
Herein lies the problem. All you sidecar guys cry foul. 'What about the sidecars', 'why can't we get a run?'
Yet you shoot yourselves in the foot nearly every time by not having numbers. I've never seen reasonable numbers at a nationals. Half reasonable at best when eras are combined. You guys need to commit!