Author Topic: RIP Stan Smith  (Read 1540 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
RIP Stan Smith
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:01:22 pm »
As below, Stan left his name in the history pages of Sidecar Scrambles and also held records at Claremont Speedway,Perth.
Stan spent his last years in the rolling hills of beautiful Bridgetown in the southwest of Western Australia.
Stan funeral is being held on Monday,with Barry Kennington Stans passenger saying a few words.
RIP Legend~you will be missed by many.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:06:31 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Stan Smith
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:07:11 am »
R.I.P

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 11:15:02 am »
I never knew the man but if he rode sidecars he's good enough for me.

Godspeed.

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »
Stan was laid to rest today at a small service held in Bridgetown WA. His beloved Ariel 500 outfit #52 was outside keeping watch over the proceedings as Stan requested. A number of fellow racers were in attendance including Bob Gilchrist, Bill Watson, Glenn Britza and his former passenger Barry Kennington (his team mate at Clarendon SA 1965 National Titles where Stan was crowned 500cc and Unlimited champion). A letter from Murray Williams was read out outlining the relationship that he and Stan had enjoyed over the years. I was asked by his wife Pam to take the role of MC and I was honoured to have done so. Stan was a fine gentleman and accomplished rider and it was a pleasure to have known him.

Rest in Peace my friend

Nick Maxfield