Author Topic: Famous  (Read 2730 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Famous
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »
Anybody got there pic in the press,here's mine, Gally's rules of the roost ADB,
Startline action 92 Inverell, first ever thumpernats,TK & GE also in the lineup amongst others :)

These pics were taken by my mate

That table top scared the fork outa me ;)

GT43

Re: Famous
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »
Hey Smed, the TT600 looks good with the YZ125J tank / seat and the 91 side plates with rear fender.  :)

I always thought the stock TT600 tank and seat looked a bit crook.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:32:15 pm »
The sidepanels were held on with zip ties ;),RM125 forks & front wheel & YZ250 shock were fitted,I think from memory the tank & seat were off a 100J :)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »
I got a page in ADB in 1990 with some pics and a short report from the GP's in Europe .I'll see if I can find it.

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »
Lost all my write-ups and stuff when I moved back here from SoCal in 76 but have a couple pics that were from SoCal Motocross News - Tom Corley photographer.

Cover pic

Superbowl of Motocross 1975 - HSMX

Out on the TD2 - middle bike

http://www.socalmxnews.com/page2.php?recordID=118&VolIssueID=11

http://www.socalmxnews.com/page2.php?recordID=146&VolIssueID=13
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »
Bloody hell Russ , name in lights at the superbowl  8) 8) 8) i dont feel so bad now when you beat me at the Tokoroa supercross 15yrs ? ago  ;D

You should write a book on your time there in the glory days of our sport  :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 02:58:54 pm »
Your name up in lights at the superbowl of mx, how f***ing cool 8)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »
  Out on the TD2 - middle bike

Where is that, Rusty ? Looks like Gracefield.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:52 am »

Where is that, Rusty ? Looks like Gracefield.

That was Auckland - The Ceramco GP at New Lynn.  Think they only run it a time or two.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 07:44:37 am »

Bloody hell Russ , name in lights at the superbowl  8) 8) 8) i dont feel so bad now when you beat me at the Tokoroa supercross 15yrs ? ago  ;D

You should write a book on your time there in the glory days of our sport  :)

Umm - looks like that long ago Bill.  I retired after my burns in '78 when I was about to head off to Europe and race the GPs and did not ride again until '95 when I found out MNZ had lost my records with my medical note.   I guess that would have been '97 or '98 we ran Tokoroa.

That is my only pic from the event of me riding - unless Corley can find some more in his archives.  The was the moto I won - you can see the bailing wire holding the pipe on from my first moto crash.

Talk embarrasment ..... first moto I was leading by almost half a lap when I had brain-fade and forgot about a whoop- section called 'the dipper' - crashed in front of thousands of spectators totally ruining my hand built works pipe and even worse - killing my chances of a factory ride for the nationals.  The guys from Suzuki were not impressed with my bending their bike.
On the plus side - my lap times in that first moto were faster than any of the HSMX guys (including Smith, Glover, Bauer etc) and would have put me in the top 10 in the International class - plus The Man asked me how I was taking a washboard section as most everyone was wheeling through it and then dropping the front end about 3/4 the way through where I was jumping it and clearing all but the last one.   

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:46:49 am »
Sheesh, your a hard act to follow Rusty. ;D

I still have to find proof of my 15 seconds of fame but if you check out page 166 of the latest ADB you will find Drakie
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 11:41:08 am »
I am the one doing all the following these days GMC  ???