Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 112800 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »
Hey Alison, I managed to open the vid, Ya need a program called " Quicktime "
Foss

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2013, 10:16:17 pm »
Hey Alison, I managed to open the vid, Ya need a program called " Quicktime "
Foss

Got it in the end..clicked on download at bottom of screen  :-\
Looks like a nice spectator crowd.
Doesn't seem to be many high advantage points.Though perched on top of that seacontainer would be ok  ;D
cheers
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:17:48 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2013, 12:59:56 am »
The property that ajoins the track has a trailer from a semi parked agaist the fence  ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Curly3

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2013, 08:30:36 am »
Great event, haven't seen a crowd like that for a DT meeting for a bloody long time, the line of cars went all the way back to the Pcific Hwy.
Constant drizzle was a bastard but when they managed to go racing it was awesome, Mick ( Rubberman ) Kirkness won the final and as expected the younger guys were setting the pace, Hook, Oram and Parkes were really getting stuck in.
Out of the legends the stand out for me was Gally, he wasn't far off the pace and he must be somewhere around 60 and looked like he was having a ball, as usual Lovett was the joker in the pack.
The buzz in the crowd stayed upbeat all day despite the constant stoppages.
Congrats to everyone involved, I'll be back next year.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 09:06:34 am »
Great event, but I had to leave for Kurri Speedway at 7
Only disappointment was not having Mick K in the main program as that denied the crowd more of his antics,
Look to the end of this year for the FLATTRACK NATIONALS SERIES featuring the Big Twins,
Kirkness on the Big Twins is something to see,

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2013, 09:40:06 am »
Kirkness was in the main final, 4 riders were seeded from the other classes.. he won it too just in front of Herfoss with early leader Oram back in 3rd.
Dave Armstrong was the best of the motocross/enduro guys with 2nd, 4th and 6th in the heats.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:39 am »
What was Mick Kirkness riding, CR500 on 17's?
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2013, 10:27:10 am »
What was Mick Kirkness riding, CR500 on 17's?
Rmz450

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2013, 11:24:27 am »
Mick had his CR500 for that class as did Broc with his old KX500
Most forget that Broc is a multiple OZ Dirttrack Champion it's just that it was 15 years ago,
Also missed was Danial Stauffer in Seattle for 3 months with Boeing,
Still it's hard to beat the young kids, they practice while you sleep.
I also see a resurgence of Supermoto after this meeting,
There is lots of fast bikes with 17"s and big brakes,

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2013, 11:43:24 am »
his old KX500

what year ?
I'm aware that pre90 bikes where not on the race program, was there any nice older garage queens etc on show ?
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2013, 12:09:30 pm »
Kirkness showed just why he's Australia's best bet for international fame, he was fast, smooth and consistent. The meeting was a cracker, a pity about the weather delaying everything, we were considering heading home at around midday but we thought we'd give it another hour to see what happens and I'm so glad we did. For anyone who's never seen this 450 class racing (with class riders) like myself it was a true eye opener, it's scary just how fast these blokes are and how much leaning on each other and bar banging there is. Some of the old blokes showed that they still had the goolies to run with the young fellas, especially Steve Gall. He looks 18 years old on the bike, as did Paul Caslick,Garry McCoy and Army. My only gripe was that after a 3 hour delay in starting and with such a star studded field of riders that will probably never be able to be duplicated we had to sit through so many kids class races at such a crucial time in the afternoon. With rain clouds threatening to come back I'd have thought that giving the huge crowd what they paid to see would take priority over putting on races for four year olds on Pee Wees or 10 year olds on 80's. (my 5c rant of the day ::)).

What happened to Crumpy? Coming home in the car this morning it dawned on us that none of us could recall noticing him on the track. How much a good sport was my old mate Geoff Grabham fronting up in the over 35's on his Godden slider, the only one at the meeting? The bike was easily 20 years old, the rider easily 60 and although he came last in every race, he had a ball. The two road race tragics next to me had never seen dirt track before and were fascinated by "the bloke on the 1930's speedway bike". Grabbo also bought the house down by fronting on a fully dressed Ducati 750 street bike in the unlimited class. Once again he came last but he did it with such style, the crowd loved it.

I'd like to thank my old comrade Slakewell for his great hospitality both before and after the meeting. His swimming pool and endless Stella Artois beers were a welcome break from the 46 degree drive from Sydney on Friday. Thanks also to Peter Weste for cooking up a storm on Saturday night after the races and to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday at Slakeys great Raymond Terrace digs. You've created a monster now Mick, we're going to stay at your place for both HEAVEN Buladelah rounds this year. Weste's and your cooking's too good...as Arnie once said in some dumb movie, "We'll be back!) ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2013, 12:21:09 pm »
Slidey, Gally's 55 and he's got a couple of sprint car races organised for later this year with Todd Wanless....now you blokes have had a taste of watching old and young guys going fast, put the Conondale Classic on your list...3rd and 4th of August this year...the "Pro Class" will be better and more star studded than that....and most will be riding 500cc 2 strokes. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2013, 12:22:31 pm »
Crumpy was out there in the legends and vets races, he was never going to be a threat. Its all new to him, he's never ridden on oil where there is so much grip or raced a bike with brakes.

Curly3

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2013, 12:51:22 pm »
I gather that was you Johnny helping Jason out?
I meant to come over and say g'day but the day was filled with bumping into old mates and long chats.
You're 100% correct, very different for Crumpy but I thought he went pretty good and certainly got faster as the meeting went on, the footage from his go pro would be interesting, good on him for having a go and I'm sure he'll enjoy his " Retirement ".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:56:32 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:40 pm »
I gather that was you Johnny helping Jason out?
I meant to come over and say g'day but the day was filled with bumping into old mates and long chats.
You're 100% correct, very different for Crumpy but I thought he went pretty good and certainly got faster as the meeting went on, the footage from his go pro would be interesting, good on him for having a go and I'm sure he'll enjoy his " Retirement ".
Yeah that was me, you should've come over mate, I ran into a few of the vmx guys thru the day. Crumpy enjoyed it and definately got quicker as the day went on. He's keen to do more and will be better at the next one.