Author Topic: Last week of Movember  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Last week of Movember
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:16:11 pm »
Hi all. dont usually do this kina thing but as its a great cause with Mens health covering cancers and Mental illness i thought it was time i helped out.

I registered for Movember and pledged to grow a moustache for 30 days much to my employers disgust, to raise funds and awareness for men’s health.

As our forefathers always knew, the moustache is the mark of a man. Today, it is a man’s ribbon, a symbol to spark conversation and help change the face of men’s health.

Taking part by growing one Dirty Son of a Mo to share knowledge and support Mo growers.

I would like to publicly thank our own Mo Bro forum members
Nipper (phil white), Old fart (stewy lemon), Tony Tovert, mavman (Andrew Lauder), Iainyz (Iain cameron), Vmx247 (Ali and steve melvin), Firko and Greg flood, T250K (Mike Cuss)
Ali, Greg and Firko basically walked up and throw there wallets on the bar , pretty impressive donation guys, thank you... and T250K mike today for standing on the bar and shouting it. awesome commitment from you all.

And to all those who generously donated to my old grey Tashe' from the start.

i would still encourage any of you who havent to donate to mine or any of your local Mo bros who are giving it a crack for mens health and wearing there Mo ribbon all month.... Even a gold coin or send your loose change off the fridge....

My Mo no doubt generated some laughs; but all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for prostate cancer and male mental health.

Why am I passionate about men’s health?
 *1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
 *This year 20,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
 *1 in 8 men will experience depression in their lifetime
* high rate of single male suicides (multiple times over the nations road deaths)

I’m asking you to support my Movember efforts by making any donation:

*Donate easlily online at: http://mobro.co/kerrymarsh

Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and its men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue: the national depression and anxiety initiative, they are funding world class research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.

Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men’s health.

All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
so its costing you nothing....... Even PayPal friendly !

So Please consider a donation at: http://mobro.co/kerrymarsh or if you have a work college doing the MObro,  go on toss them a Goldy.

If you'd like to find out more about the type of work you'd be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programs We Fund section on the Movember website: http://au.movember.com/about/funding-overview/

cheers Freaky   :-*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:42:47 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Last week of Movember
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:58:17 pm »
They're both Great causes Freaky.     I'm in, donation made, but your site doesn't confirm that the donation has been received so please PM me if nothing shows up.     Mike.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »
Donation completed. I just barely dodged the prostate bullet this year but a couple of mates have been to hell and back with it including dear old Frank Stanborough. Depression and Prostate go hand in hand so I'm more than happy to support the cause. I've had my mo for 45 years so next year I'm going to do the reverse for Movember....I'll shave the bastard off instead. Poor old Freaky looks like a cheap Adelaide Ron Jeremy impersonator with his growth ;Dhttp://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1836153,00.html

Tony, it shows up on the website that your donation has been accepted.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:40:04 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »
You should be able to log in and get a tax deductible reciept, if not I can log in and email it to you or have them post it.   

It doesn't show any donation from mike, so you may have missed a step ?

Great cause great support guys. Thanks all, and its on till the end of the month , so look after you Bro's there worth it
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:38:14 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »
donation deposited in cheers Andrew
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »
Good cause hope the donation helps . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »
 Vmx forum members have donated over $250 so far awesome effort....
Thank you all for contributing financially or telling a mate to get a check or listen when they need a mate.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:36 pm »
Update ..

VMX forum members donations have topped $320 !!! gotta say im proud that my Vmx MoBro's have been so supportive.  Well done to you all.  Movember finishes tomorrow but remember metal health and mens health is a 12 month activity, dont forget it.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »
Due to the generosity Australia raised over 22 Mil and came 3rd in the world, please see below ( however with a 100,000 less registered participants id say Australia per participant smashed the rest of the world !!!!

go Aussies !
http://au.movember.com/leaderboards/
74 Yamaha  flattracker's