Author Topic: Join Mitchell Club, change it to how you like.  (Read 1173 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Join Mitchell Club, change it to how you like.
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:09:15 am »
Hey Guy's,

Mitchell Recreation Motocycle Club is having it's AGM next weekend and we are looking for Committee members that want to steer the club down a particular path.

Currently it runs with only 4 Committee members; which ok from an administration point of view but to make sure the days don't change, or change for the worse, the club needs a few more members to give their input.

For example; if the Committee is made up of Enduro riders the club may just run enduro's, if the club is made up of minbike parents they may only consider Junior riders.  Now if there were some VMX riders aboard things would be more VMX orientated, like using VMX tracks for our ride days or maybe even have afternoon VMX racing?  We only need 2 VMX riders to join and then we have a majority.

If you'd be interested in joining just to help steer the club that would be great, please send me an email advising that you'd be available to contribute, that'd be great.  If no one puts their hand up to help I'll just close the club due to lack of interest and that will be 12 motocross ride days, a year, gone

[email protected]

Regards, John
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Join Mitchell Club, change it to how you like.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:32:45 pm »
Where are all your members,going to close a club down if you cannot get 2 vmx people ?
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »
If I had to run the club next year with only 2 Committee members, if none of our 240 members are prepared to offer input, I'll not run for President again next year and the club will be folded.  As it's turned out a couple of riders have put their hand up so it looks like I'll have another go for 2013.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »
So what you are saying is if you are not president the club would be folded .I thought somewhere along the line that this club was backed by the council ?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »
Nah they only called it Mitchell Club because it is in the Mitchell shire, the council has nothing to do with it.  The club was going to be wound up last year, I stopped that happening by becoming the President but now we may need a Treasurer & Secretary and a couple of interested people to keep me going.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »
Good on yer JO, keep it going.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:08:32 am »
Hope you get them