Author Topic: Farewell to the Forum  (Read 9424 times)

albrid-3

Farewell to the Forum
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:20:26 am »
I would like say farewell to the forum members, My Time has been well spent with the forum, maybe a bit to much, and many thanks to Greame for letting me be parts of it, ozvmx site is a very useful tool to help
other newcomers into the world of VMX, finding their dream machine or parts,we need new blood in our sport and juniors classes need to introduced to keep the dream alive, anyway see you at the next meeting banging Bars or a chat, remember Rust Never Sleeps.
Farewell
David Alsop

Simo63

Re: Farewell to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:19:45 am »
Bye bye Dave, we'll miss you and your posts.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:32:49 am »
See ya mate take care.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:48 am »
SEE YA DAVE, ENJOY YOUR BIKE AND"RIDE IT DONT HIDE IT" (OR SELL IT)
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »
Dave
Will Farewell be the same as
It's a keeper ;D

Thanks for posting some great old pics
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:54 pm »
Why Dave ?     iain.
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:41:40 pm »
Why Dave ? 
I was thinking the same. Why bail out now? It wasn't as if Dave didn't make it easy for folks to take the piss but with a couple of notable exceptions none of it was as vindictive as some of the other shit storms that've occurred here over the years. Most of the stuff was harmless and based around Daves almost weekly cries that "this one's a keeper". I reckon he'll be back under as different name once he's cooled down.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:20 am »
Why Dave ? 
I was thinking the same. Why bail out now? It wasn't as if Dave didn't make it easy for folks to take the piss but with a couple of notable exceptions none of it was as vindictive as some of the other shit storms that've occurred here over the years. Most of the stuff was harmless and based around Daves almost weekly cries that "this one's a keeper". I reckon he'll be back under as different name once he's cooled down.

I dont know Dave, but GET OVER IT DAVE, these guys obviously reckon your an ok bloke, thats good enought for me Dave, DONT go mate, DONT let the COWARDS that use email/computers make themselves feel big and powerful, they know they are weak mate, STAY and visit this forum when YOU feel like it. I hated forums and thought a lot of blokes on them are wankers with nothing better to do, thisone really has proved otherwise, lots of useful info and from the limited contact i have had in person with these members ALL HAVE BEEN THOROUGH GENTLEMEN.

Stay mate, bullies are everywhere,dont let them win,
Kt

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:58 am »
Yeh Dave, don't go, there are wankers everywhere in life, stay for the good guys that like your input.  I think there are plenty of great guys here to make worth hangin around  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:50 am »
he,s left before, a few times i think ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:28 am »
Look, l'll be frank and say that much of the shit stirring Dave got was brought on by Dave himself and I think he knows that. I'm personally guilty of throwing a couple of shots his way because I felt he'd handled a deal I wanted to do with him in a less than professional manner but I soon got over it and started to enjoy Daves quirky posts again. I hope he reconsiders his resignation and returns as this forum could do with a few more ecentrics like him. The one thing that can never be denied is Daves true love of the sport.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »
 I can't believe we all read the same forum and yet he still gets pats on the back. He is notorious for bad deals and doing wrong in general since way back. He cheated at a nationals as well and was chastised into giving the trophy back. Such is the ordasity (stupidity) of the man that when caught he hands things back and says no harm no foul. Like robbing a bank, getting caught and giving the money back then pleading innocent. I'm sick to my back teeth that he doesn't suffer consequences for his actions.
Do a deal with him then find out what the man is like.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »
Here here, people seem to have very short memories on here.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
Hi,
some forum members have short memories , but some have short arms as well ,

ie; too short to reach for a dickshinry; or spellcheck,

"AUDACITY" ; # 1,bold, impudent, daring,
                       #2, recklessness
                       #3, disregard of decorum or morality
                       #4 shamelessness
still laughing.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »
Hi,
some forum members have short memories , but some have short arms as well ,

ie; too short to reach for a dickshinry; or spellcheck,

"AUDACITY" ; # 1,bold, impudent, daring,
                       #2, recklessness
                       #3, disregard of decorum or morality
                       #4 shamelessness
still laughing.
good that you got the message I was trying to convey then. Spellcheck.