Author Topic: As luck would have it  (Read 656 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
As luck would have it
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:49:34 am »
As luck would have it my new neighbour Matt has torn out the failed vineyard of the previous owner and freed up some  20 acres of pristine hillside for mostly his wifes horses. However early on the piece it turns out Matts into old dirt bikes. Matt also likes to drink beer and strangely likes me and has accompanied me to a couple of VCM rounds down here in Mexico. Whilst drinking beer at his house one day (further down the hill) he casually opens a shipping container to show me his 1993 YZ 250 and informs me he's planning to freshen it up sometime. Anyway fast forward to last weekend and I'm toiling away at the front of my place when I hear the unmistakeable sound of YZ at full noise coming up the fenceline accompanied by the sound of rolling thunder. A CRF450 riding by his other neighbour Phil. I was invited to down tools and join them for a squirt around the paddock. All I had that was running was my Jim Pomeroy replica which I hadn't looked at since CD9. I changed into a pair of jeans (for safety!) grabbed a helmet kicked the Bulty in the guts which started 2nd kick opened the farm gate and away we went for a good half hour. In due course we swapped bikes and the point of my story is thats it's rare to have the opportunity to experience the diversityof 3 very different bikes in such a short timeframe.  Cheers Jerry