Author Topic: Down time waiting for CD-5  (Read 2222 times)

STW996

Down time waiting for CD-5
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:26:43 pm »
Apart from Hoony who is up to his armpits in dirty nappies what are the rest of us doing (aside from cleaning our bikes ready for CD-5) upto to pass the time? for me this weekend is Go-Kart racing

Doc

Re: Down time waiting for CD-5
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:42:16 pm »
 :( work..was hoping to have a week off to cover the event and a few days either side but unless this damn weather cools off I'll be straight back into it soon as I get home. I hate work!!..it messes too much with my limited social life..been about 5 years since I could last swing a holiday ::)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:49:22 pm »
:( work..was hoping to have a week off to cover the event and a few days either side but unless this damn weather cools off I'll be straight back into it soon as I get home. I hate work!!..it messes too much with my limited social life..been about 5 years since I could last swing a holiday ::)

YOU hate work Chris what about me, my last day off was Easter Monday and my next is ANZAC day  >:( >:( >:( >:(

on a serious note these 10.5 hour day/ 7 day weeks are just killing me (52 hours of overtime this fortnight alone)
the money helps with the bikes and such but what good is it when you can't get a day off to ride
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:48:49 pm »
Not much in way off down time here. Im running right up to the wire getting my bikes ready. Next Saturday I have to help out at local show with a bike display I had forgotten about. I agreed to help with it months ago. Now I have been asked to bring along my Elsinore along to display as well. She's not quite right with many small things needing to be attended too. Arse up head down is the plan.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:16:07 pm »
Damn its a hard life. Kiss the girl bye in the morning and then roll over and crash for another hour, then get up and grab a fishing rod and walk a whole 100mtrs to the river and toss half my talkle box away. Come home a few hours later. watch a bit pf spongebob and think about what to cook for dinner  and ensure we have enough merlot.

Today was dig a bit of yard up for the lad to plant some vegies  and  do my best magic trick and make a 6 pack of coopers dissappear and work on looking more like a local with the tan. Im the luckiest bastard I know ;D

May consider getting my bikes up  here one day for when i cant go fishin

STW996

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 04:51:25 pm »
With all the extra c-ash cyclegod looks like the beers on you for Friday ;D Im a bit of a Harn light drinker these days :D

Doc

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 05:09:30 pm »
pokey, have another cup of...  ::) ya bloody hippy beachbum!!
may as well leave the TS here! save ya bringing it back down, I promise I won't have it going in a week :P
seriously Pokey..for dogs sake! finish it off man!! I wanna see a superlite 185 cut loose and hush a few critics ;D

I don't hate work CG, I just miss not being able to deligate it out is all  ;D wished I had of kept my 9 to 5er (actually 5am - 1pm) sometimes but then..nah..lifes too short  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:19:59 pm by Doc »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:30:58 pm »
Down time you say? Interesting concept.

Was crook during the second half of last week and had a couple of days off. Felt OK-ish on Thursday, and so I took the YZ125C from a painted frame and rebuilt bottom end to a race-worthy bike today.... Went to baby classes and work too, and I'm paying for the long hours and lack of sleep now... :)

Next week will get the X finished!  ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 11:20:36 pm »
Trying to find employment so I may be able to attend CD6 :( Health willing too... Any body in Bendigo/Echuca area need a front of shop /spare parts/ motorcycle assembler???
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 08:41:15 am »
That looks like a Lepoard TAG engine???
Jesus only loves two strokes

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:39 am »
Pokey ....live it up while ya can mate  :) I can hear the sound of little feet in the back ground  ;)

With all that spare time up your sleeve get the giant killer finished in time for CD 6  :)

STW996

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:18 am »
Yeah Lozza spot on is a Leopard engine, frame is AX9 B-Max driver is old (in kart terms) do this in between motocross outings as it is ment to be safer but rolled the kart last time out!!

Doc

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 02:29:54 pm »
Statistics show that motorcycles themselves are in general extremely safe  ;D

they only become dangerous when ridden  ;)

STW996

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »
How true that is Doc, broke my left leg on one of the Red Devils late last year while "in control" of it and it has been sitting idle since and has not hurt me once :D