Author Topic: HEY WHERE ARE ALL YOU OLD ***TURDS!  (Read 4810 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
HEY WHERE ARE ALL YOU OLD ***TURDS!
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »
 I am the ONLY entry in the Canberra Super Seniors !!!

AND the ONLY Slider entry !!!

WHAT?  are you all scared of being shown up by an old fart born in 1937.??

Get your fingers OUT and ring up and try to get ENTERED!!!

GRRR!!!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: HEY WHERE ARE ALL YOU OLD ***TURDS!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »
Good to see you still going at it at your age pancho ;)
Looks like you may be riding your own race be one with it  ;)
I hope I am still going strong at your age good on you I say 8)
I am just thinking of trying dirt track my self at 40 :o
come on guys support Pancho in super seniors

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »
 I was talking to T.H. at Nepean and he said he was going to have a look and may enter...Can someone give him a poke along?
pancho.

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
I saw TH on Sunday and he's def not entered and it's probably too late for this year.
If there's only one Slider entry then that's a bloody disgrace, good on you Wally for having a go.
Honestly I think that the Super Senior's age should be reduced to 65 or maybe even 60.
I really thought that there would be a decent roll up of Sliders this year, seems the MOM's need to be looked at very seriously.
My money's on you Punchy.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »
what happened to all the sliders?
When I was a young bloke - early seventies - they were everywhere.
Dont tell me that there all restored sitting in loungerooms. I would think that anyone that had one would be itching to ride every chance they could get.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
I got your PM, Wal but my TT engined Slider is NOT eligible for the pre 75 Slider class and I'm only a young pup of 67, so therefore not eligible for the Super Seniors, I rest my case M'lud !!.

I'd have a skid around on me Slider with you at the drop of a hat, but, as I'm the Starter for the meeting, it ain't gunna happen.

As Slides says the Classic GCRs do need looking at, maybe a Classic DT only Commision instead of a composite one.
Foss
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:27:12 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:04:33 pm »
Jap  and Bully slider entered from my neck of the woods, Still only a young turd myself :D
Couple of CR`s

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »
poor old bastard wal,you will have to drop back with us younger blokes in the +60's ha ha ,hmmm wheres me nemesis Metcher,& Donnie,(Mr bultaco),i know John imries got some personal distractions,but still might turn up to watch,(take his mind off other things), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »
 I had a semi-official call yesterday about the Super S and slider situation yesterday and I got the inference that if any more entries are put in before there committee meets they have a chance.
 SO c'mon!
 according to rule 18.2.3.5 c)          "Australian Championship will be awarded regardless of number of entrants."

SO all we need is two more all powers pre 70 bikes and blokes to make it viable.
  So to quote the bimbo " where the bloody hell are ya"
 cheers.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »
what about a 2 stroke slider.... no classe either
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 04:30:39 pm »
This is going to come back and kick whoevers idea it was to split the eras for the Dirt Track Nats in the arse. The split was an absolute neccesity for the motocross side of our sport but definitely not needed for classic Dirt Track. To add to the tragedy, I've been told that MA wanted another $3000 to incluce Evo and up in the program and if that's true the pricks should hang their greedy heads in shame.

Having said that where in hell are the classic era dirt track punters hiding? Traditionally this has been a jewell of a meeting, especially in recent years and I don't understand why racers haven't supported the Canberra clubs promotion. What a bloody shame.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 05:39:47 pm »
100% agree Firko. I can tell you that if the later era's were catered for I and a number of others I know would have been all over this meeting. As it stands I will be waiting until the NSW title meeting for post classics at Nepean in November. It is a crying shame as speaking for myself I was really looking forward to riding at Canberra.

If MA did indeed try to double dip on permit fees I think they should really have a good look at themselves. As can be seen in Road Racing they aren't the only game in town anymore and it is just a matter of time before an alternative avenue of permitting is further explored by the dirt side of the sport.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »
hearing you firko,  i got bikes i cant run... and running bikes im not keen on just to make the trip viable
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »
MA def did try to doublr up on the permit fee just for the inclusion of EVO & Pre85, and as has already been said it's a Freaking disgrace, surely there could've been an exemption for Dirttrack.
Sorry to use youe name in vain Freaky.

Offline sprint76

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »
I think the poor slider entry can be directly attributed to the way the class is poorly treated at a club level. There should be no segregation. These motorcycles should be allowed to compete as any other manufactuer would be allowed to. The whole concept of a separate class is misguided. Was there a slider class in the 70`s? No. 
I sold my slider because this of attitude at club level, who wants to race against 3 or 4 bikes (on a good day), get a 2 lap practice then sit around all day for 2 rides.