Author Topic: Fund raising for 2013 Vets MXDN  (Read 604 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Fund raising for 2013 Vets MXDN
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:54:15 am »
Hey Guy's,  I don't know if there is already some form of raising funds to assist riders going to the Vets Motocross Des Nations, if not could we start something?

Maybe produce replica riding jersey's & bumper stickers that riders can buy with profits going to the cause?

While I guess the main controlling body that should get behind this is MA but that doesn't mean that we can't start something at State or club level?

I'll bring it up at Motorcycling Victoria level and see if I can get some support.

Is there anyone in the 'know' that can get mx jersey's designed & produced?

Just thinking out aloud.........
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Fund raising for 2013 Vets MXDN
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:25 pm »
I went to Farleigh in 2010 and David White from MA was there checking it out. In 2011 MA offered to send a shipping container with our bikes to help out, there wasn't enough interest shown by riders so it all fell in a heap.
MA did supply us with jerseys, jackets, shirts etc.
Funding to help the cause would be great but then every man and his dog would want to go so we'd have to have some sort of team selection process, i don't know how that would work?
Going on results from Aussie titles would be difficult because there are like 45 different clsses!