Author Topic: Springfield Massachusetts pickup (not joking)  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
Springfield Massachusetts pickup (not joking)
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:54 pm »
Looking for someone in the Springfield MA area to pickup a bike from an Ebay sale and hold until my transport can collect, the seller works unusual hours and does not seem to be in good health, will pay all reasonable costs, will only need to hold for a short while, 3-10 days.
Fingers crossed  ;D

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Springfield Massachusetts pickup (not joking)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:37 pm »
Put the same "ad" on Marks Swapmeet and have had 2 answers already and one of the fellows lives close -- so should be ok  ;D

Offline HL400

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:06 pm »
Hi Gippslander good to see you are up and about and may be back riding ?

What did you buy ??
HL

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:19 pm »
put an add on marks swapmeet

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:44:08 pm »
Have now had five replies from Marks Swap Meet, and as said one of the guys lives really close, so if I can contact the seller (who strangely is now not answering his phone) I can make some arrangements for collection of the bike, but it is increasingly looking like I have been dudded, in which case it would be good if one of the fellows who answered my Marks Swap Meet ad was from the "Hells Angels collection agency" because it may be that I need that sort of friend doing the pickup, anyway time will tell and if I have been dudded its $680 down the drain and I won't ever get the 1983 CR 250 Husky.  Have had a look at the PayPal and eBay "rules" and it looks like they don't cover either vehicles and or international purchases etc but I will be reading the fine print, still, it might work out okay, fingers crossed.

HL500,  yep am starting to get back in shape, you may have heard that I took a preseason fall from my 83 husky, was getting all confident and beyond my capabilities and was practising on a modern MX track over the stutters, was getting them okay, skipping across the top and all that crazy stuff that only young fellas should be doing, and then towards the end of the day I went out for a few last laps just to button down what I had been practising and of course I was tired and just did not keep the nose up and the old Husky stuck its front wheel into one of the troughs and flipped the bike and I went through the air,  I remember landing on good clean grass well off the track about 10 m from where the bike and I parted, full force on my left shoulder, arms down by my side, stood up and did not seem to have broken anything but had pain in the left shoulder, and could not even lift my left hand to put my hand in my pocket, zip, zilch nothing, couple of the other fellas helped me pack up, went to the hospital, had an x-ray, nothing broken, referred me to ultrasound, three out of the four main shoulder tendons missing in action, one completely gone the others  hanging on by a thread, the fourth one just a bit mangled, referred to a surgeon, he said it had to be done urgently, he got me in two days later on Good Friday, was strapped up and not allowed to move the shoulder for about 12 weeks, physiotherapy since then, looks like regaining 95% range of movement and 90% strength.

The wife is just shaking her head at her 58-year-old husband who insists on getting back on the bike, did a few practice laps at Yarram MX track a couple of weeks ago, went okay, no drama, getting the bike ready to have a go at Yanakie with the VCM, look forward to seeing you there, and watch out for me, I will definitely be the bloke that you pass about a quarter of the way through your third lap, I really am aiming for a solid last place  ;D  so nobody get in my way, last spot is mine.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »
Have now had five replies from Marks Swap Meet, and as said one of the guys lives really close, so if I can contact the seller (who strangely is now not answering his phone) I can make some arrangements for collection of the bike, but it is increasingly looking like I have been dudded, in which case it would be good if one of the fellows who answered my Marks Swap Meet ad was from the "Hells Angels collection agency" because it may be that I need that sort of friend doing the pickup, anyway time will tell and if I have been dudded its $680 down the drain and I won't ever get the 1983 CR 250 Husky.  Have had a look at the PayPal and eBay "rules" and it looks like they don't cover either vehicles and or international purchases etc but I will be reading the fine print, still, it might work out okay, fingers crossed.

Any news on your purchase.Let Marks Swapmeet know of the outcome.He's pretty good with feedback etc.
cheers
Best is in the West !!