Author Topic: help id and name these parts?  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
help id and name these parts?
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »
hi.. i've got a few old Honda parts to sell but can't positivelly id them so if anyone can help that would be swell... ;)

i think this either an early XR500 or a CR250 gear change pedal?

and i was told this is a race cam to suit the 80-82 XR500 but there's no identification or spec sheet, any one know what the standard lift looks like?

thanks  :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: help id and name these parts?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:47:03 pm »
I reckon the gearlever is just an aftermarket one,it looks a lot like pit bike ones I have seen :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »
Original 78-80 CR250 Elsinore gear levers are alloy non folding jobs ;)

Simo63

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 02:21:34 pm »
I reckon the gearlever is just an aftermarket one,it looks a lot like pit bike ones I have seen :)

I agree and will add that it's just a generic one painted red.  In fact in two of the pics you can see the red tinge on the rubber from the over spray.  The close up doesn't show the red but that's likely to be because the seller rubbed it off for the close up.

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
thanks for the info.. looks like it's off the 1980 model

I agree and will add that it's just a generic one painted red.  In fact in two of the pics you can see the red tinge on the rubber from the over spray.  The close up doesn't show the red but that's likely to be because the seller rubbed it off for the close up.

actually i took all 3 pics at the same time... only the flash went off on 2 of them and caused the black rubber to look slightly red.
there's no red overspray on anything, not sure if it should be originally red but if someone painted it they've gone to the trouble of removing the rubber toe guard first 

anyone have an idea regarding the cam?  :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:29:32 pm by Zakk »