Author Topic: Tracktime at Canberra  (Read 9103 times)

Curly3

Re: Tracktime at Canberra
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 04:08:47 pm »
Not being a rumour monger but I heard that entries were low as of Fri night and we need people to make a comittment and enter, great club, great track and even better people, you'll have a ball.
Spread the word.
Can we find out if we can camp at the track on the Friday night?
Pat, you the man.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 05:12:54 pm »
I'm sure that would be fine, we all did last time. The Canberra club's hospitality is second to none. The Griffith Club had our Golden Wheels Dirt-Track on Sunday and it was a huge success, many members and visitors giving the Classics a run. Bring it on Canberra!

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »
This post has gone quiet. Wot is happening with the titles????

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 08:59:28 pm »
Dunno, haven't heard anything as yet. No news is good news?

Curly3

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 09:10:54 pm »
Obviously the word is slow on getting out of Canberra, Julia did lose her father.
C'mon guy's, how are things going, the Griffith mafia have their invasion planned, even The Don is back from conquering the US.
Leave the tongue at home Dave, tastes like shite.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »
 Mine's been posted away all paid and ready to rock and roll on the [day][/s] days.
 All keen for the Super Seniors race!
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »
Nothing on the ACTMCC website as yet, hopefully it's a case of no news is good news.

Curly3

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »
Can we get some feedback on how things are going, the communication for this event has been poor.
Still no information updates whatsoever on either the ACTMCC website or Facebook page.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 11:14:36 am »
Gave Jan Blizzard a call this morning,event is on 81 entries,Pre 75 125 all age combined,Pre 70 263cc & over has over 12 entries so will have heats,all other classes have sufficient entries for Aust Title status except Sliders & Sidecars dont have sufficient entries to make Aust Title status but will be ran.
See ya there.

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »
Good to hear Canberra is GO. Grassy from your experience from Griffith Title meeting can you have a rough guess as to how many bikes 81 entrys equates to or does 81 entrys mean 81 bikes in total.

As you are probably down the shed working on the filthy 4 strokes maybe Ned can answer this one.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »
We had 112 entries at Griffith 2010 over 170 races. Not working on da filthy  4 strokes on the 2 strokes now. We have a classic practice day this weekend so we can sort out our attack.
Col 81 Entries may equal 60 riders at a guess
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:07:43 pm by Grasy 6 »

Curly3

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
If anyone has a Sidecar that is eligible and needs a pilot, I'll put my hand up, seriously.
Me old mate Jim has already put his hand up to swing, something about he's been a swinger for years, maybe he meant something else.
80 something entries sounds about right, the last few years have had around 100 or so and given that there are at least 6 classes less available, the numbers add up.
I'm pee'd off bigtime that I won't be riding but I'm seriously looking forward to some great racing and a few nights around the fire.  

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »
Shit Aussie Titles coming up & all you all can talk about is the crap in your own shed that probably wont even be there, get with the sport & stop putting self importance on yourselves & throw a leg over the bikes you keep BRAGGING about. FARK where is this sport going to a computer keyboard or a race track. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Curly3

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »
I'll deal with you later ;)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
I gotta say a big public thank you to Noel who's lent me a couple of bikes so I can ride the titles. I'll be there with bells on riding Pre 78 125 and Pre 78 Over 250. 81 entries in solos isn't huge but there are enough bikes to fill the grids with many classes running heats, so it looks like being a pretty reasonable meeting. I haven't ridden a big old XT500 for a while now so will be fun trying to get the hang of it again. From what I can see there are a few fast boys in that class so I should get a box seat to watch them!!