Author Topic: HUGE toy sale - VMX Bikes and Collectable Cars - Updated  (Read 2434 times)

Simo63

HUGE toy sale - VMX Bikes and Collectable Cars - Updated
« on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:03 pm »
Okay so I’ve decided to sell some of my much loved toys to make room for a few other projects.  Subsequently I have the following for sale:
•   1977 IT400D – American Import showing 352 miles on the speedo. Unfortunately the speedo is not working and whilst the bike is unbelievably original condition, it has done a thousand or more miles.  The plastics are original and a bit faded but nothing major. This bike also had the original front tyre when I purchased it and again, all I did was fit new Bridgestone M403/404 tyres before taking it to a QVMX practice day. I have also purchased a new seat cover, NOS Throttle cable and NOS rear tool pouch as the originals were damaged during transit. $2950
•   1983 YZ490K – Has previously been registered in Victoria and is fitted with a compliance plate.  Has had a disc brake conversion front and rear. Rebuilt motor 5 years ago with less than 2 hours use since then but clutch slipping. Has been in storage for those 5 years and will run but could do with a clean up. Includes a brand new seat cover. $2200
•   1984 CR250RE. Genuinely Race Ready, Approx 30 minutes running on a fully rebuilt motor including woosner piston on .5 rebore, Hot rod crank, every bearing and seal replaced etc, new tyres, excellent original plastics, Pro Taper bars, reco shock new bearings etc etc. Excellent condition $2950
•   1980 PE175 – Project bike. Mostly complete but not running. I was told it’s the original bore however have not dismantled to confirm that. Low on compression. Great tanks and seat. Also has original headlight. $650
•   1987 CR250 – Runs well, great resto project - $1000
•   RM80 – Not sure what year, drum brake, watercooled full floater. Not running and I need of a full resto. $400
•   1983 XLX250s – Includes nearly 2 complete bikes. Restoration on one bike started. Neither bike is running but both are complete.  1 motor is stripped and only requires re-assembly (and new gaskets and seals of course). Manual included $400 for both.

Also selling some collectable cars (plus a non collectable Landcruiser):
•   1971 XY Fairmont GT.  This is a genuine GT manufactured at Geelong in Victoria however it was shipped to South Africa for assembly hence model designation MS33. This is a rare opportunity to collect a rust free, original and low mileage collectable.  The car has 71,xxx kms on the speedo and was stored in South Africa since 1983/84 and still has the last registration disc fitted to the windscreen.  I guarantee you will not find any rust or any signs of rust repairs on this car. Much more to talk about. $65,000
•   1959 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. One of 660 built in 1959, this mostly rust free car is in the middle of a restoration. Work so far includes rubbing back (but not painting so you can see the original metal), new leather front and rear seats with original cloth inserts, new carpet, new front door panels, new hood lining (not fitted), rechromed front and rear bumpers plus a whole lot more chrome work (estimated at $15K in chrome work alone). 413 big block, elec swivel seats etc etc. $9900
•   1994 Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series. Factory Turbo. Much pampered and highly optioned car with just over 310,000 kms.  Factory options include direct injection 1HDT motor, 5 speed manual, elec windows, central locking, 8 seater etc but I have fitted the following aftermarket accessories: ARB Bull bar, Warn 8000lb Highmount winch, ARB Side steps with integrated Brush Bars, TJM Rear step bar, OME 50mm raised suspension with castor correction kit fitted, ARB Front and Rear Diff locks, Safari Snorkel, Turbo Timer, Engine Watchdog Alarm, Tekonshen Brake Controller, Oricom UHF, Tinted Windows, Rust Proofing plus much more. This car has been serviced religiously and maintained without regard to cost. $26,500

I have not put up all the relevant details of each bike or car here nor have I provided pictures however interested persons can email me at [email protected] or call me on 0407 654 564 and I can provide more details.

Cheers
Craig

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:25:27 pm by Simo63 »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE toy sale - VMX Bikes and Collectable Cars - Check it out
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »
So many toys, so little time........I know how you feel Craig. ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:44 pm »
am interested in the 84 cr....will call you tomorrow
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline bruiser

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 12:25:24 pm »
Email sent for 1985 IT250N

Bruiser

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:10:04 pm »
Some cool shit there Simo....the Chrysler would have to be the bargain...its amazing how much "shit" you pick up over the years.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:27 pm »
Some cool shit there Simo....the Chrysler would have to be the bargain...its amazing how much "shit" you pick up over the years.

Yeah the Chrysler is definately a bargain ... it costs $4k just to ship one out here and a rusty junker will set you back $5K ini the US so the fact that it's a rare car in very restorable condition, the new interior, new chrome etc is just makes it a sweet deal if you've got the time and inclination to do some work.

And agreed, it's amazing how much shit some of us accumulate ... still it's hard to even consider letting some of this stuff go to be honest.

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:25 am »
am interested in the 84 cr....will call you tomorrow

Ted you never called  ;D  Actually I will call you tomorrow ... errr, make that later today.

Oh yeah .. REVISED LISTING AND PRICES  ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »
Yeah Simo, too many things going on. Are you taking it to CD 9?

Your XR will be at my camp Friday morning....sorry mate didn't get time to detail it for ya.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »
Hey Ted back on the seen, hows the new house and garage going. You going to CD on Friday?

Bob B