Author Topic: progressive rear shocks  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
progressive rear shocks
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:18:07 pm »
Has anyone used progressive rear shocks before? looking at different options to complete the RM 250B. Cheers

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: progressive rear shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »
I've just put them on my 125B, the compression damping seems a bit light-on, I have put heavier 250B springs on but the lighter of the dual springs still seems too light.

I'm thinking if I find a stiffer primary spring that it may fire back too hard for the rebound damping?

For the price I think they are definately worth a try, if I was a serious racer though, I'd get something with more adjustability from Walter.

I've got the 15" 13-1240B model.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »
You get what you pay for and i dont think progressives are very expensive  ;)

Are you going to race it ? if so give them a wide berth and buy somthing else Works performance or YSS are good value for money ,but if you only want somthing to hold up the arse end for display then progessives are ok  :)

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »
The bike will be used to race so maybe I will look at something that will be up to the job.Is it possible to rebuild the original remote reservoir shocks that they came out with in the day? With a leap in technology would this be an option?

TM BILL

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 07:13:02 am »
The bike will be used to race so maybe I will look at something that will be up to the job.Is it possible to rebuild the original remote reservoir shocks that they came out with in the day? With a leap in technology would this be an option?

They can be made rebuildable ( i have had a couple of sets done ) but unless you want the original look you would have to question why.

The last set i had done cost a fair bit more than WP replacements  ??? I have just got some YSS piggybacks to try , they look the part but i haven't tried them out yet .

One thing i like about the YSS is the steel bodys , should be less external wear and less oil contamination ( longer between services ) than the alloy bodied ones .

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:02:39 am »
Thanks Bill. Love your work.