Author Topic: G'day All  (Read 961 times)

Maka

G'day All
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »
G'day & greetings, my name is Mark & ive just become a member on this great website & i look foward to interacting with you all. While i havent got a bike at the moment, in the coming months i hope to source a good project bike and receiving some good advice & encouragement from you fine people. I'm mainly a fan of mx/enduro bikes from 1979 to 1992 whether European or Japanese and i'm really impressed with the level of enthusiasm you guys have for your rides from what ive seen already- i'm the same  :) In the past ive owned some great bikes from Maico, Husky, Bully, Monty, Honda, Suzie, etc lol! I'm not too brand biased anymore but i know what to look for in good ride ie grunt, reliability, tuneability, spares supply etc. Anyway sorry for the little rave so take it easy & i'll catch up with you guys when the right subjects come up.

cheers,Maka

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: G'day All
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
Welcome..Open minded! excellent start. plenty of events around to get you pumped up.which state of oz are you in? Cheers west oz
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:18 am »
Welcome aboard Maka. You're right about the enthusiasm here - there are some who've been here since the site started in 2004 and they are still going strong! Hope to hear about your bike when you do get it.

Maka

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:58:35 am »
G'day guys, thanks for the nice welcome  ;) VMX247, im in north west NSW mate. (Any fellow members up here say g'day) Yeah im pretty openminded when it comes to brands & models- all have their pro's and cons, nothing abit of tuning cant fix lol. From what ive seen, the whole scene for vmx is thriving which is really cool to see, youtube is my friend atm lol.

Graeme M, will definately let people here know when i get it, one thing i do know it will be a 2 stroke & 250 or a 4 or 5 speed 500 it dont matter what brand as long as its all there and i can get parts for it. If the tracks arent too gnarly i'll definately race it in the over 45's when the time comes.  :o

cheers,Maka

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:40 pm »
im in north west NSW

Maka don't know if you have come across this event before.
Two days riding(enduro,trials,vmx tracks),swapmeet,classic bikes and transporting you back to your youth.
Its perhaps the cheapest non comp event in your neightbourhood..  8)
cheers west oz

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=23339.0
Best is in the West !!

Maka

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:56 am »
Thanks for the headsup VMX247, it looks like a great event! If i'm free that weekend i'll take the family down and have a look- i know the place very well having lived at Lithgow for a while & thrashed the bikes there at Wang and up the road at Cullen Bullen  :D I love the place!

cheers,Maka