Author Topic: Beware  (Read 4211 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Beware
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:53:22 pm »
Just thought ld ask if any one has had trouble trying to get stuff out of A R Maxwell.... Or Maxwell Motorcycles?  I ordered and paid for a muffler almost 2 months ago and still haven't received it. So far the guy who owns the bike that it is for has missed Double dirt and looks like missing the Conondale Classic  so not happy to say the least...... forkING HOPLESS.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Beware
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:11 pm »
Alistair that runs the show is stand-up kinda guy, maybe he is having trouble getting it from the States?  Have you called him?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »
 I have had a few dealings / transactions  with A.R  Maxwells'  .
 Always prompt service  with no dramas.

Regards ,
               Steve

Simo63

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »
Alistair that runs the show is stand-up kinda guy, maybe he is having trouble getting it from the States?  Have you called him?

Has he called his customer??

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »
Popeye i bet my balls and yours on this,
                                                        somethings gone awal on this purchase because given the amount of time gone by Alistar would have been in contact with you if the part wasn`t in stock. I know Alistar and raced with him in the past and like the others have said prompt service is the normal, i would talk to him on the phone and sort it out.  Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:44:30 am »
I havent had hugh problems but I know two different guys in Tassie that had a terrible time with maxwell mc one guy had a exhaust on order from him for 9 months and still didnt get it he made maybe 25 calls and even went to the shop only to have some bull shit story about were it was He also missed Aust Nats and a couple of other events because of it.
He got his money back and bought a system from GMC and got prompt service . That is way I would go if you have problems
The other guy had several exhausts on order and received the wrong ones and had a lot of trouble getting his money back

Sadly I would also say beware because even though I brought a system from him it took a long time to come and the communication at the shop is crappy at best

Go with Geoff Morris and you wont have any problems

Fatboy

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
I have had countless dealings with Alistair and he has delivered every time.

Original period mufflers and pipes are always tricky to get from the states as the manufacturers wait till they get a quota of 10 / 15 for a certain model to make before they bother re-jigging their equipment.

Have you called him? Did you ask if your particular muffler was in stock?

I am sure he will tell you if there is a problem. I rate him the best supplier in OZ
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:29:58 am »
big statement ted /i also have had dealings with allistar, i wernt to happy at the time >:(

Offline philthy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:27 am »
I waited nearly six months for a Gemco pipe/muffler from the states through Maxwells,He kept me informed of the delay and sent me a near perfect loan pipe to use at no cost.If you are waiting for a Gemco pipe,it is well worth the wait!
yz125d yz250g yz250f it250j rm125b rm125a

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:14 pm »
Whats the muffler to suit Popeye?

kevwrx

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »
2 months, 9 months, you guys have got it easy.
I put my CR450R in a bike shop for resto 3 and half forking years ago, and paid up front, for a job that was gonna take "around 3 months"
Haven't seen or heard of the bike since, every time I ring the shop i get a different story, and get spoken to like Im a forking idiot.
I wish i was as lucky as you guys lol, maybe i should have taken my bike to maxwells !
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:36:49 pm by kevwrx »

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 09:26:56 am »
well i was standing next to popeye when he called n who ever on the other end said it must have been lost in the mail but he'd send one with a tracking no. and it would be here in 2 days,,,that was 2.5 weeks ago...but now that doesn't seem like shit compared to ol kevwrx,,,dude don't you own a slugger!!! i'd be payin em a visit,,,seems like they only accommodate a select clientele n the rest get ripped...hopefully people reed this n pass it on so no one else will be ripped off...

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »
No muffler, yes lve called him and he was sending another muffler straight away but still nothing. Sorry but he will not get any recommendation from me and lm now ordering one from the USA..... If hasn't got the part in stock he should say so l don't like being f&$@/d around as nobody does.....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 06:24:28 pm »
http://stores.ebay.com/DirtOverstock/_i.html?_fsub=8

this mob has a good range at reasonable prices on the mufflers & freight if you have not allready got one ordered popeye :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »
http://stores.ebay.com/DirtOverstock/_i.html?_fsub=8
this mob has a good range at reasonable prices on the mufflers & freight if you have not allready got one ordered popeye :)

:o  Those Suzuki bits are way cheaper at GMC  ;D
Out of USA freight will insinerate your wallet :)
Best is in the West !!