Author Topic: Mitchell ride day at Broadford Aug 5 - FB pics are up.  (Read 4289 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Mitchell ride day at Broadford Aug 5 - FB pics are up.
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:08:22 pm »
Hey Guy's,

The next Mitchell Recreation Club ride day at Broadford is on this Sunday Aug 5, the weather forecast for the lead-up to the weekend is looking good; no rain during the week will allow the boys to get out on the track with the grader and such; you can't work the track when it's been raining, the equipment just slides down the hill.

The weekend forecast is for 'the chance of a shower', that will be perfect, one brief shower will be just enough to keep any dust down and soften the ground (for traction).

This Sunday we will be running the Senior sessions in two speed groups ... racers/fast and novice/slow/old-timer, you will pick your group at the start of the morning and will wear a coloured wrist-band signifying that class.  Should you feel during the day that you've selected the wrong class, you can get your wrist-band changed (at my discretion).

Sessions (seniors x 2, juniors x 1 = 1 round) will be alternating 15 min sessions all day. All riders will be expected to supply a flag-marshall for 1 round (45 min)

FAST/RACERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUN IN THE NOVICE/SLOW/OLD-TIMERS CLASS.

Sign-on is 8.30am to 10.00am, first on-track session (fast senior group) is at 9.30am.  If anyone can't get there by 10.00am, just call me to advise (0407 348 800) and we will not close-off the books at 10.00am, but you will have to find me when you get there for me to process it.

Canteen will be open (aprox 10am to 2pm) - Good coffee, cold drinks, pies, hotdogs & dim-sims.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:19:50 pm by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Next Mitchell ride day at Broadford Aug 5 - THIS SUNDAY!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17:35 pm »
The weather is looking good for this Sunday.  Remember we have split the Senior class into two groups .... fast/racer and novice/old-timer.

Sign-on is 8.30am to 10.00am

Riders briefing at 9.20am

First on-track session 9.30am

9.30am - fast/racer  15 min
           - novice/old-timer  15 min
           - Juniors  15 min

The above three sessions will constitute 'one round' (45 min), all flag-marshalling session will be one round (45min).

Canteen is open 10am to 2pm, selling good coffee, cold drinks, pies, hotdogs & dim-sims.

I'll be going out to the track tomorrow to make sure it's graded woose-smooth  ;-)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Mitchell ride day at Broadford Aug 5 - THIS SUNDAY!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »
OK I went out to the track today, Matt & Dean that work out there have been working on the track all week; it's looking PERFECT!

There is a 'shower or two' forecast for the wekeend, that will be just what the doctor ordered  :-)

See you all there  :-)

Remember the Senior group is split into two classes ... 'fast/racers' and 'novice/old-timers' .... no excuses boys, come on out  :-)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:16:26 pm »
Just been packing the bikes and gear and will be there on Sunday, looking forward to have a spin around that track again. Last time i raced / rode there was 1992.  Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 11:32:44 pm »
How much to ride for the day if your not a club member .  thanks Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

maico police

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:59:58 am »
I'm in if the weather doesn't take a turn for the worse.  :)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 10:16:26 am »
How much to ride for the day if your not a club member .  thanks Hilly

* Club membership is half price from June onwards - $25 for a single & $35 for a family.

* Ride day fee $30

* If you don't have a race or rec licence - $20 for a one-day recreation or $86 for a 12 month rec.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:07 pm »
Thanks john i'm not going to get there now have a good ride boys the weather looks good .Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

maico police

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
That was grouse! Nothing like riding and testing on an mx track. Will certainly get to more of these.
Will post up some goggle-cam tomorrow...... ;)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16:17 pm »
Thanks John and all the Mitchell club,
                                                     it was a great day of awesome riding on a very well prepared track. My 2 boys and my mates sons had an absolute ball and loved the track, i also enjoyed the ride and Broadford still gives me a buzz to get around.  Peter.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »
Yeh was a great day, good to see all the VMX boys out there today  :-)  I don't think I've ever seen the Broaford track in a mudless & dustless condition before lol

We had around 85 riders today; now have well over 200 members!  I think the splitting of Seniors into 'fast' and 'faster' worked well, my girlfriend Jodie said that there didn't look much different in speeds between the two groups; the old boys were certainly 'on-it'  lol  :-)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
It certainly looked like a good day from behind the fence
There were a few Vintage boys there, I only got a few shots off though before 'battery depleted' came up :'(

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 08:57:30 am »
One young guy was quoted as saying " dude check out all of these old shitters... they are hammering " lol

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 11:23:57 am »
One young guy was quoted as saying " dude check out all of these old shitters... they are hammering " lol

He must have been one of the many on modern bikes that we rounded up on the old shitters, with us old shitters riding them. I think a few young guns will think differently of the vintage bikes now, was a good day.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 11:47:23 am »
Yep, it was a good day ! Great to see us VMX guys still circulating at the end of the day