Author Topic: Highly recommended  (Read 1513 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Highly recommended
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:04:24 am »
Well after being the sickest I've ever been for a week or so and 3 days in hospital for emergency surgery to "clean" a huge abcess which developed deep in my shoulder, I'm getting out today. I highly recommend that none of you get an abcess in your shoulder (or anywhere else for that matter). Now just a f/ing great open wound and a few weeks of district nurse visits should see me right. I will miss the hospital rubber toast though. How do they get bread to stretch?
K

TM BILL

Re: Highly recommended
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:59 am »
Get well soon michael , take the time to let it heal properly as open wounds are nasty bloody things  :(

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:18:30 am »
Sorry to hear you've been crook Michael. I hope you recover quickly mate. This year I've had four trips into hospital with three more to go so I've become somewhat of an expert on hospital "toast". I'm more than certain it's some sort of synthetic substance made to replicate the look of toast without having any of its taste requirements. In those accrued 4 weeks of hospital stay I can only recall one meal that I can honestly call edible....a Pumpkin soup, Curried Prawns and Rice and Bread and Butter Custard Pudding combo at Westmead Hospital. Every other meal spread over four hospitals were inedible shit. ::)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »
Being as I am sensitive "allergic" to egg protein and oats (yes the porridge/muesli type stuff) and forbidden to have said items in hospitals... even my breakfasts are really really a totally inedible shit experience.. >:( ::) Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:35 am »
Hope your feeling a 100% for your Birthday today.Get stuck in an enjoy the celebrations of this number you have reached...  :-*   8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:18 am »
Thanks Alison, shoulder is coming good. 50 today, I doubt there'll be much work done by myself.
Cheers,
K

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:51:11 am »
Thanks Alison, shoulder is coming good. 50 today, I doubt there'll be much work done by myself.
Cheers,
K

Happy birthday Big K.  August 1st .. same day as my wifes .. and horses ...  ;D

Hope you have a good one  ;)

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:15 am »
Simmo not sure what to infer with same birthday as the wive & horses comment, or am I reading too much into it. Curly

Simo63

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:26 am »
Simmo not sure what to infer with same birthday as the wive & horses comment, or am I reading too much into it. Curly

;D  I always remind her that 1st August is the old nag's birthday .... I thought about stopping that but I think she would miss it if I did  ;)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 11:35:22 am »
Happy Birthday Big K.  The '62 models are one of the best!