Author Topic: Another Newbie...QLD  (Read 841 times)

Le Squid

Another Newbie...QLD
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:16:27 pm »
A quick hello,
                     The planets aligned and I was fortunate enough to be able to join this forum after being a guest and reading some great information! I have ridden (poorly) bikes on and off for many years and my current ride a GasGas 300 2011  2T.

I came across a 1981 XR250 in reasonable condition while working on Wednesday couldn't help myself so
..... it's coming home tomorrow. I'll start another thread and post some pics and give a bit of a run down on it soon. Any input positive/negative will be more than appreciated.

Cheers  

Adam
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:02:45 am by Le Squid »

Curly3

Re: Another Newbie...QLD
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »
We've all ridden poorly Adam, that makes you eligible for immediate entry to our forum.
You'll find more info than you need on here, plus a lot you don't.
Welcome.
Cheers, Steve

TexasRedRocket

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:33:11 am »
Welcome Adam, I'm new myself, I like to think I used to ride great but pretty sure I ride poorly these days but I stay on the gas on these bikes because I am addicted to riding them. I have 2 honda elsinores, when I finish my current project I want to do an old Honda XR maybe a pre 81 metal tank, or one of the 90s white ones.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:10 am »
Good to have you join us Adam. Look forward to hearing about the XR. A mate of mine used to ride an 81, I'd reckon he still has the thing tucked away on the farm. Those early XRs were nice bikes in my opinion.