Author Topic: Mechanic required in canberra  (Read 1929 times)

shakeyCZ

Mechanic required in canberra
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »
Hi all just wants to know if any body knows of any good old school mechanic's in or around Canberra that know about CZ? As I'm keen to get it sorted and fine tuned as im going to enter in the canberra classic flat track

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanic required in canberra
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »
I don't know of such a beast in Canberra, but I'd definitely be avoiding the big shops like a bad dose of the clap...
Wright Motorcycles in Yass has got two dedicated old bike nuts in the workshop - the boss faces pre-90, and the other is a member of this forum.
Bruce at Bruce's in Mitchell is the only other bike mechanic in the area with a clue (AFAIK).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »
Chris Hedges in Fyshwick has plenty of old bikes and occasionally races them, he seems pretty good. He's rebuilt several of my engines and did a good job, but he's very busy most of the time so you can't be in too much of a rush. Don't know how he'd feel about a CZ but you never know...

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »
What's the problem Shakey?

shakeyCZ

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 07:58:58 pm »
Just still can't get her to run good under load, it starts 3rd kick when cold and first kick when hot idles like a dream but give her some load or full throttle she dies no power, so I was hoping to find someone to look at it as I might be missing something.  Was hoping to find a local that knows theses bikes.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:06 am »
The only other guy I know of down there who has worked on CZ engines is Les at VMX Unlimited,but he's a bit out of your way at Medowie.Firko would know someone in or around Sydney who's a CZ gun i'd reckon.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:47 am »
Yeh, Bruce at Bruces Motorcycle Repairs in Grimwade Street Mitchell is the best for vintage stuff. He has done many old VMX bikes over the years. You are sure to get a thorough sorting when he gets his hands on it.

shakeyCZ

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »
Thanks stevo17 will have too give him a ring,  hey is anybody doing the classic flat track in Canberra in October?