Author Topic: Barn find In Sweden  (Read 1820 times)

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Barn find In Sweden
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:37:56 am »
Team Ringo are on holidays in Sweden and came across this barn find.This bike was found recently in the middle part of Sweden by Jorgen Larsson of Valbo in Sweden. Basically untouched then he used it in the recent Swedish Nationals. The only KTM at that race meeting by the way.Pete will probably add to this post.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:40:31 am by rtb »

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Barn find In Sweden
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:43:41 am »
KTM Brothers,

these bikes are still out there in the sheds.  I met Jorgen last week as we were filling up fuel in Sandviken Sweden. Funny thing was neither of us needed fuel. Anyway got talking to him cause his van had KTM on it. Turns out he rides a new one. Then I told him I race an old one and he said. Yah me  too....  Turns out it is the same year model as mine. He has a small collection of KTM's which he said are quite rare in Sweden as most everyone has an old Husqvarna in the shed. But not KTM... 

His interest in Vintage KTM started in 2011 and he sniffed out an old KTM at some old blokes shed in the middle to north of Sweden, near Gavle. The bike was missing some parts but cheap enough for a virgin KTM owner to buy and take pot luck on. He didn't argue about the price and as he was loading it into the van the old bloke said, `do yu vant di udder won tvo????  Jogen said Vi Not. - and the best thing was this one was thrown in for free.  It is basically untouched, not rebuild, just as he received it. The shock are new, made locally in Sweden by an up and coming suspension guy.

Anyway Jorgen has just now received his ticket to write on this forum. KTM Sweden his is now known as to his friends. he might have lots of questions as he is one of the very few who are racing these wonderfully different machines in Sweden.  Tack o Hey from Sverige
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:34 pm »
Hey Ringo found these photos on the net of the Swedish GP. Definitely need to pull the holeshot.

Enjoy Sweden.

Bob B

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:32:45 pm »
And riding ship weather is a way of life............
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg