Author Topic: V force or boyseen rad valve  (Read 1681 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
V force or boyseen rad valve
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:36:09 am »
Looking at getting a new reed block, anyone have an opinion/experience on either?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: V force or boyseen rad valve
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
I recently got a V Force reed block for my 2010 YZ250, I didn't notice/feel any increase in power.  On the dirt-Track I did notice it did seem to fall flat on top quite soon; I might have a play with the inner plastic guide which could be a little restrictive maybe?

Some website forums talk about removing the reed block spacer for more top-end but I am thinking the reed block would then restrict the rear transfer port.

I do agree with the fact that, with double the reeds, they won't have to open as far, hence they should last longer.

MXA seems to rave about them, they tend to say "get the V Force for midrange and the Rad Valve for top end".

What bike you want to put it in?

Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:00:00 pm »
'87 CR 250, there would be no legal issues, as it gets knocked around in modern events.

Offline ian

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:15:03 pm »
i run a vforce reed block i was going to pull it out and put the carbon tec reeds back in did not gain any think .plus carbon tec you can buy bottom mid or top end plus cheaper .

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »
V Force all the way, I don't know who 'they' are but tey rarely go near dyno's. As you can see gains across te range.

Jesus only loves two strokes