Author Topic: Yamaha CT2 / CT3 Cylinder  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Yamaha CT2 / CT3 Cylinder
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:39:48 am »
I am after a servicable cylinder for a Yamaha CT2 / CT3 175.

Thanks,
 CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha CT2 / CT3 Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »
Cj look about for the older 175Agi bike cylinder too, I found them much easier last time was looking for CT175 top end.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:31 am »
Cough cough... I'm pretty sure there's a CT2 cylinder in the large pile of parts that's at the GMC Manor, awaiting collection by Tim...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline roy dale

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »
Hi CJ
if you dont find one. i have CT2 cylinders $50 you can get me at
www.japbikespares.com.au

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:08:59 am »
Cj look about for the older 175Agi bike cylinder too, I found them much easier last time was looking for CT175 top end.

I am actually looking for a CT2/3 cylinder to go on an early AG175 that I have.  From the basic info that I have been able to find, the AG175 produces 11HP and the CT2/3 16HP. I want to check the porting of the CT cylinder as I am sure that is where the difference is. Then I will rebuild my AG175 enduro bike with the CT top end and hopefully have a Aggie that is capable of pulling top gear.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:34 am »
Cough cough... I'm pretty sure there's a CT2 cylinder in the large pile of parts that's at the GMC Manor, awaiting collection by Tim...

That would be the pile of parts that I would be tripping over if it wasn’t for someone else’s bike that’s been left in the way :D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
Col, the AGs also have more restrictive airboxes, and different exhausts. The difference won't (just) be in the porting.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:03:11 am »
Col, the AGs also have more restrictive airboxes, and different exhausts. The difference won't (just) be in the porting.

I will be altering the intake to just a single airfilter instead of the standard twin filter set up to get a better air flow. I am also thinking of making up an expansion chamber to suit the CT porting, although that would be a dead give away that it isn't a stock Aggie, so I might have to find and fit a std CT pipe (the average punter wouldn't pick that it isn't an AG pipe).

CJ