Author Topic: Before you ask jim - yes im onto it and yes i have bid on it  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
if i get itwill finaly get that 890 project under way, maybe in time for next years (2013) DT nats :O)  if there still selling fuel buy then  ::)

Shhhhh :-X
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

Re: Before you ask jim - yes im onto it and yes i have bid on it
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »
Speaking in tongues again Freaky?

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:35:38 pm »
He hasn't been taking his medication

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »
I thought my meds were playing tricks on me. This is a classic WTF, even for Freakys standards.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 06:50:37 am »
The penny dropped overnight.
It's a Longtrack/Grasstrack frame for a 2 valve Jawa on eBay somewhere.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:33 am »
You blokes are loosing it......thats perfectly NORMAL Freaky......
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:16:54 am »
Its life Jim but not as we know it.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
i was looking at that last night nearly rang you freaky but i thought you would be on to it.
by the looks of things you need to put a unit motor in there.dont know if a jawa and gearbox will fit also not oil in frame give away for unit motor, could be wrong need to check the measurements to see if a jawa and gearbox will fit.
very early hagon front wheel and gen 2v jawa solo seat also late 60s early 70s hagon rear guard.
jim

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:04 pm »
That frame is an odd one, definitely not a Hagon even though it seems to have a Hagon swingarm.
My guess is that it's a locally made unit probably based on Hagon geometry. Based on what I can see in the photos and phoning a more knowledgable friend I/we've come to the following conclusions......

*The swingarm appears to be early Hagon or a good copy.
*The rear wheel looks to be a Rotrax item
*Campagnolo front wheel with Hagon sticker on the backing plate as per early Hagons.
*Jawa speedway seat and Hagon Sand Tracker rear fender as Jim stated.
*Forks appear to be early 32mm Yamaha steel stauntion from an AT1 or something similar.
*The frame is not oil in frame so the evidence points towards it's being made for a 2 stroke (green number plate, bracket on r/rear subframe to mount an up pipe expansion chamber, most probably a Villiers based 2 stroke going by the right side drive and the shape of the engine/trans plate.
As the photos below show it's nothing like an early Hagon grass tracker. The first Hagons were based on their speedway frame which in turn was copied from the Rotrax design. Hagon produced a kit (see below) to convert Hagon and Rotrax speedway diamonds into springers which is nothing like this frame. It's nothing like any Hagon, my 2t Antig or even an Elstar. It could be an Aussie made Taylor but without having one or being able to find a reference photo I'm not sure. The bike's unique but it's a bit of a roughie, needing a shitload or restoration...forks, blasting, paint, wheels, engine plates and much more. I wouldn't pay much more than a couple of hundred for it.
Below: Hagon Springer kit for a speedway frame

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16:18 pm »
That's pretty much it in a nutshell, now you can make an informed decision Freaky.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:26 pm »
After finally figuring out Freaky's unique posting style it seems that he's wanting to fit a Jawa 2v engine to our mystery frame. I reckon this frame's way wrong for what you're intending so keep looking for an oil in frame Hagon with the right plates Freaky, you'll thank me in the long run for saving you a shitload of work and heartache.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:12:13 pm by firko »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:15 pm »
YEs chaps i realised it for a 2eee.  but im too small for the KX 125 Slider i have here and was going to finish and i dont want to cut the nickel frame up so i was thinking of selling that unit and going down this track with a 250 or 360 motor and practice build on this before i  find a decent sand tracker for my 2 valve.   

New you lads would get it in the end ..... hehe
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »
Sounds like a plan Freaky, if it doesn't go too high.
I've got a Hagon set up for a 2 Valve Jawa, complete, but you'll have to pry it out of my rigamortised fingers.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 11:26:44 am »
Can i lease it ?  i just need it once a year for the DT nats ? put my speedway 890 straight in would might life so much easier.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's