Author Topic: TM clutch hanging  (Read 906 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
TM clutch hanging
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »
OK so clutch was fine, but put some of that easter based Motul gearbox oil in it on the weeknd before storing for nats decide to run it to be sure everything opens and shuts.  did 3 up and downs thenthe clutch started to stall out and not disengage.??? Would partial slip but would still hold the gear, stopped but in gear dragging and trying to move forward ( stalled motor out if help on a line)

So i figure must be some anti slipping shit this fancy new oil so dumped it, cleaned the plates and check nothing out of the ordingary in there then and shoved motul cheap shit 20 -50w mineral oil......    in there.

Did a few passes around the house and tried to ride the clutch, seems better but you can still ride around with clutch in and get plenty of forward motion. if you hold it in gear it will struggle and stall out.

Am i missing somethign here or is this an oil issue ? i cant think of anythign else that has changed since i last used it.    Its possible i need to run the bike a little more to get the oil into the plates but im sure based on the squeal i heard at one point things are turning , just not sure whats holding it back .

Any ideas  or have i missed somethign here ???
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: TM clutch hanging
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:58 pm »
i am no suzuki expert ( know fork all about their footpegs  :D)

sounds like the tangs on the basket are holding it from disengagement ( i am sure you would have picked this up though) or incorrect adjustment is not allowing disengagment.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »
You might find its that Easter oil thats giving you problems  ;) its probably chocolate based and a bit thick  ;D

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:39:24 pm »
Bill, that has to be the come back of the century.
I'm still laughing...
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider