Author Topic: UK  (Read 3680 times)

Offline reg

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
UK
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:53:37 am »
The cook and myself are holidaying in the UK including Ireland next month.
Are there any good VMX shops or venues over there worth visiting ?

Thanks...Reg

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: UK
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:00:23 pm »
UK would be the mecca of scrambles,lucky buggers.
I believe you can get a nice cup of coffee for the Cook here  ;)  8)
 http://www.rodspry.co.uk/
Best is in the West !!

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »
The cook and myself are holidaying in the UK including Ireland next month.
Are there any good VMX shops or venues over there worth visiting ?

Thanks...Reg

The UK is quite big, not by Oz stds of course, but where will you be location wise and what dates are you here?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:43:35 am »
i am there all of next month as well staying in london for the first 4 days then off to gloucester 2nd june bike swapmeet cheltenham racecourse.then off to do the d day stuff just like my dad did in ww2.back to cormwall mabebey fabour work place back to chelenham,
going to
antig speedway and grasstrack and i thing b44/25 bsa
rickman factory
national motorcycle meuseam
 flower pot are wee going to catch up ??? pm me some contact details
jim

TM BILL

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »
Jim take in the sammy miller museum in the new forest , if your doing the D day museum in portsmouth and then going to cornwall its on the way .

A Visit to Rod Sprys w/shop is a must , Rod and Simon (Crankpin on here ) showed us legendary northern hospitality when we visited last year .

This forum has loads of info and events on , sign up let the locals know your coming and im sure the blokes on there will be happy to point you in the right direction  :)

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »
Can recomend sammy Millers,even if hes a bit grumpy his staff and collection are great.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »
Jim, Steve "Spear" Constable flew over to the UK today on the search for Grasstrack gear.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »
looks like the name spear is allways aroung your family name.i am off on sunday
ring you this week

tm bill
i am going to nornandy by boat just like my dad did on d day staying in a 14 century castle which was over run by the germans.visiting the beach my dad landed at.then off to jersy after 4 days in france.just happens to be a pre78 speed festival bikes and cars damm that wont be good!!!!!!!!
will post about bike things i see on my travels
jim

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 07:20:26 pm »
Wow, enjoy is probably the wrong word but make the most of having the privilage of enjoying just a small part of your dad's past.
Yeah, who would've thunk my brothers past sin's and reputation would've come back with a vengence to bite me on the arse/leg?

Offline reg

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »
flower pot racing, been waiting for final itinery.
We are in ireland from 15 june to 19 june, hiring a car and doing our own thing.
21 to 24 driving around the north of uk, drop car off at manchester and train to london
24 to1 july based in london and doing day trips from there to where ever we want to go to

Thanks Allison, looks like its on the list

Thanks...reg

crankpin

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 09:15:44 pm »

Reg,

Let me know when you're dropping in at http://www.rodspry.co.uk/. We'll bring out all the toys...

[email protected]

Simon.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:23 am »
i am in london as i type this second day here.

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:46 am »
looks like the name spear is allways aroung your family name.i am off on sunday
ring you this week

tm bill
i am going to nornandy by boat just like my dad did on d day staying in a 14 century castle which was over run by the germans.visiting the beach my dad landed at.then off to jersy after 4 days in france.just happens to be a pre78 speed festival bikes and cars damm that wont be good!!!!!!!!
will post about bike things i see on my travels
jim

So are we.  We are going in our Jeep.  Was there for the 65th.  It was a very special trip that wont be forgotten...  Sat on Omaha beach @ 6am on the 6th June, 65 years to the second.  Have some great pics that I could post if only I knew how!  This year we are further up the coast doing the Britsh and Allied forces end.  When do you travel?

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 11:08:39 am »
Gloucester? Stroud's just around the corner. You could visit Adrian Moss (The Garage,
14 Parliament Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire. http://www.rickman-motorcycles.com/index.php).

While in Stroud you have to visit BVM (http://www.bvm-moto.co.uk/. London Road
Stroud).

Gloucester, in spite of the city centre being rooted since I lived there still has it's landmarks. The cathedral is a must if you're a Harry Potter fan (much was filmed there). If you do visit and go up the steeple look for some graffiti dating to about 1200 (if I remember correctly). The city centre has its merits in spite of being populated by chavs and chavettes. There's still some rather nice medieval architecture. Lots of Roman stuff too (Gloucester wa originally a Roman town). Also it was a royalist strong holding during the civil war so there's that too.

Brockworth is a few miles out of town and there lies the remains of the Gloster aircraft company. The local muni has declared that the site is of no interest much to my aunts chagrin but you can still visit the place where the first (allied) jet plane was built and flown.

P.S if you've a morbid personality or a fascination with the macabre you could visit Cromwell street. Home to Fred and Rosemary West.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:19:11 am by TooFastTim »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 11:21:02 am »
Where are you now Tim? Last we heard, you were losing your job and having to leave Oz.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha