Author Topic: Darcy Ward.  (Read 5406 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

Re: Darcy Ward.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »
Yeah Firko, from what I can gather he's in deep shite.
A conviction will see the end of his international career.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:43:17 am by SlideRulz »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:37 am »
If what I hear is true the little prick deserves everything the courts throw at him. What a flucking waste of talent.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Robo 47

• C-Grade
  • Green bikes rule
    • View Profile
    • QVMX
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:30:43 am »
I remember watching him as a junior racing dirt track at Mike Hatchers on the Gold Coast and thought he had so much talent.

What an idiot he had the world at his feet.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club

maico police

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:06 am »
Guilty by print media and forum. :'(

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:26:46 am »
Has he been found guilty of anything yet  ??? Never heard of the kid , I have 4 daughters aged 12 to 23 ( and would do anything to protect them and deal to anyone who did them harm )

The girl in that article is someones daughter too, i have a young mate who was accused of somthing similar by someones daughter, he too was tried and convicted by many of his so called mates before the girl was outed as an attention seeker who was pissed off because he wasant interested in her .

Trial by media scum and forums is hardly giving somone a fair go .

Im sure if guilty justice will be served and well deserved, but until proven guilty hes just another kid waiting to be tried by his peers .

Either way guilty or innocent the media scum wont give a fork , they will get more mileage out of this than any championships he has won  >:(

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:59:39 am »
Media are about selling papers/air time. End of story.
However, the kid is a local here and his uncle comes into work from time to time.
A while back he was telling me how good he was going to be and I thought that's great, then he told me that he(uncle) and his dad (uncles bro) had to get their shit together as they needed to prep the bikes for the weekend-I asked what D'arcy was doing and was told that he wouldn't go near the bikes and sat on the couch waiting for them to get the bikes ready-he's a star don't you know.
I just agreed and went about my stuff. 

Curly3

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 10:20:30 am »
I certainly never said he was guilty, the courts will eventually work that out.
None of the media reports I've read have actually accused him if being guilty either, there are certain details that haven't and can't be published.
At the end of the day I hope the girl involved gets a fair hearing.
He isn't the first young sport star to find himself in this situation and certainly won't be the last.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 11:18:45 am »
I heard in speedway circles it was another team mate and she was a groupy, that came back to the hotel after a club meeting.  the rape allegation was against the other kid but he is on trial for association and not stopping it when it happened or what ever they call it.

There is nothign in that article other than' leggin it' that i would even waste my time posting here firko.  thats article is a total non event.

Nothing against daughters as i have one , but i have seen chicks get out of there depth real quick chasing stars and fame for there girlfreinds addorations.     I have also seen guys not realise when its time to walk away.

Life give you lots of curve balls, and being public figures comes with extra pressure that some of these kids dont get taught how to deal with it, and many come unstuck by a bad choice or a split second descion.  much liek a car crash.     ITS not like Darcy is a Ben cousins repeat offender.  there is a differance between thinking its wrong at the time and knowing its wrong and setting out to do it.

I think you will need to read the court transcipts before you go all jury and executioner
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:24:53 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »
Here Here, well put Freaky and I like the way you worked in Ben Cousins everyone's a saint when your put up against him ;D
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Curly3

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »
Google it Freaky, there is a whole lot more to it inc an Iphone video.
I have a teenage daughter and god forbid, I also have a teenage son and would be devastated if he got caught up in anything like this.

TM BILL

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 03:04:36 pm »
Google it Freaky, there is a whole lot more to it inc an Iphone video.
I have a teenage daughter and god forbid, I also have a teenage son and would be devastated if he got caught up in anything like this.

Google is just another media ,its google not gospel and all i could find on google was more scumbag media reports  ::) Not that the media has been known to exagerate, tell half the story or just outright bullshit  ;) .

Only the Girl and the Boys involved know what happened, the evidence for both sides will be presented to the jury ( the actual jury not the WWW Kangaroo version ) and a verdict will be reached .

If found guilty without doubt, then hang the Bastards , but until that verdict is in then the bloke is presumed innocent .

Its a very nasty subject all round especially for those of us with Daughters , but until the accused has been found guilty by his peers then he is just that the accused.

Ironic really i have been motorcycle mad since i was about 10 yrs old , yet this kid is /was a junior world champion yet i never heard of him until he is accused of a sex crime  ??? isn't media a great thing  ;)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:17:42 pm by TM bill »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 09:55:32 am »

Guilty by print media and forum. :'(
Is the same thing going on in oz federal politics now ?? or wot

dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 02:49:06 pm »
No Pancho my boy-that's more SMOKE & MIRRORS.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 08:13:57 am »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:16:50 am by 2-NINE-7 »