Author Topic: brisbane club  (Read 11851 times)

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
Re: brisbane club
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »
Double dirt is down for the 14th July, one whole month after the titles surely that would be enough time to advertise and make a call closer to the date.
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »
i didn/t get the usual text message about the meeting last night missed it (sorry) i was looking forward to ripping up the dirt track on the wasp :( :( :( :(

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »
keep the names rolling in..

need a list ...

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 07:59:54 pm »
I'll be there.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »
three of us . ;D
My fastest lap is the first one :)

mainline

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 08:10:20 pm »
And me

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:47 pm »
list started,

Brian Fox
Lisa Fox
Shaun Pratt
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:31 pm »
TM Man is right l will be there, and he's right in saying why aren't these bigger decisions made via text as they are an important meeting for the club? If we can decide to or not to rerun club rounds because of rain via text why can't we decide on these other issues via text, at least that way all members get to have a say, only my opinion........ Pre85 should have been done the same way.......
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Simo63

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »
Brian Fox
Lisa Fox
Shaun Pratt
Craig Simpson

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:15 pm »
I don't have a problem with the process, if you want a say go to the meetings. I wasn't there too busy with the Nats, but I would support DtheD going ahead.

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »
good point popeye. wish id thought of of that at the time.. thats why we need you at the meetings!!!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:49 pm »
all the sidecar boys would be in i reckon !!!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:23 pm »
Yep we'll be there

Simo63

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »
I was at the meeting last night and i must say i voted to keep it.  People need to get off their arse and get along to these meetings.  >:(

Hi Brian (or is it Lisa?)

I respect what you are saying because I know how much you and your family put into the cvlub along with the others that I don't know or haven't met yet.  I too like to be involved with my club and I would love to get to these meetings but as I discussed with you at last Saturday's practice (if you are indeed Brian and not Lisa  ;D) for me it's an impossibility.  In fact I recently resigned as Treasurer of the Sunshine Coast 4WD Club, after holding a position on that club's committee for 10 more more years (because like to be involved).  Why resign?  Well I'm just too busy these days.  I'm not complaining in any way but, like most, I work a full time day job but I also own and, with my wife, work in our 2 Eagle Boys pizza shops, both open 7 days a week (in fact I just got home now from working on Origin night).  I also do the paperwork for both businesses.  Then there are the 3 beautiful children we have, eldest just got her L's last Friday (OMG where did the time go??), youngest is only 10 .. all of which play soccer and all of which play musical instruments in the school bands etc.  They are busy kids and that translates into busy parents as I'm sure you know with your tribe.  Then we try to go camping up the beach now and then and we snow ski at least one week per year.  I also attempt to maintain my ever burgeoning fleet of motorcycles (I'm a sucker for a VMX bike), and then there is my small collection of Muscle cars, one of which is undergoing a full restoration at the moment  ::).

Oh yeah and I sometimes get to the race track for a ride too  ... but I'm buggered if I know where I find the time to be honest  ;D

So unfortunately I just can't make these meetings, partly because they are over 100kms away from me but mostly because I just don't have the time.  As I said above, I would love to be involved further but just can't do it.  

So again, not complaining at all but I would definately support a system of being involved without actually attending however not if that involves a lot of effort bby the club just to cater for me as I would not want that either.

Cheers
Craig

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:14 pm »
Do you have to join the club to ride it or is it interclub?
If I don't have to join yet another club I may put my name down. 

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies