Author Topic: brisbane club  (Read 11850 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
Re: brisbane club
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 09:18:35 am »
they are not new but fine for once off race,new michy 165.00

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:18 am »
They wont need them Robin......they've canned the flat track bit of the Double the Dirt.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Simo63

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 11:31:54 am »
They wont need them Robin......they've canned the flat track bit of the Double the Dirt.

??? Really .. so now it's "single the dirt?, "the dirt" or even "half the dirt"  ;D

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 11:52:57 am »
why wouldn't this surprise us!!!!!!!!!!...  ::) ::)

Simo63

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 12:03:59 pm »
If this is true then I must say I'm disappointed.  I was looking forward to trying my newly acquired TM250 on methanol for the first time at the flat track.  Even had the spare wheels underway so I could just change flat track to MX wheels and gearing.

Bugger  :(

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »
You and me both Simo.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:54 pm »
Why? ??? That's disappointing from a dirt track perspective. Events like DTD are good for providing a crossover opportunity for MXers to try dirt track and visa versa. The two events in one weekend concept works as anyone who experienced Condo in the 90's will know.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 12:44:18 pm »
Well that's just DIRT-and second hand dirt at that-I mean shit!!
What's the story as it was one of the best double headers of the yr.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 05:17:33 pm »
Is it still a 2day meeting?
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 05:48:08 pm »
well that'll teach us not to turn up at the agm now won't it!!!! maybe we could have had PRE 85 double the dirt n 3 moto's on a club day....

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »
I was at the meeting last night and i must say i voted to keep it.  People need to get off their arse and get along to these meetings.  >:(
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:56 pm »
well some people can't get to these meetings thru one thing or another!!!! and if the concept of the SMS vote has been tried befor regarding continuing of a race meet then why can't it be used for more important matters???? this is the era of modern technology after all.. or is it because we ride old bikes we have to resort to old ways writing letters to complain n be heard..we'll all get an email saying its cancelled so why not to have a vote...

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 07:24:06 pm »
I will give an explanation of the demise of double the dirt from one who was at the meeting last night...

- 13 members present  (4 on comittee included) the club has 141 members (< 10 % present)
- last  year 20 came to double the dirt i.e. a loss making exercise, although enjoyed by those who attended, myself included.
- 40 entries are needed to break even.
- it was decided its a good event but promotion has been lacking, esp. in view of the titles this year. its also a bit difficult to find officials for 2 days etc.
- So it went to a vote - 7 against and 4 for it.   Those against dont do the dirt track so fair enough they cant see the point of running a loss making exercise.
- so 7 % of the club (who dont care about dirt track) decided the outcome of an event that those who have done it have always enjoyed !! Pretty ordinary hey!

- it was discussed that maybe we need the dirt track as a stand alone thing without the mx the next day because of inconvenience of tyre changing, 2 day event etc, to be  discussed, and maybe we run an event for dirt track later in the year.

BUT..
its pretty hard to get a day in at North Brisbane club so I think that’s wishful thinking.

the track is booked, I sorted  the free tyre sat arvo changer was sorted in Feb. Admittedly the tyre changer wasn’t there last year, but some ran with trials tyres on Sunday and were surprised how good they were. I changed my tyres over a couple of beers, no rush and that was alright too.

So... the event isn’t quite dead, and can happen but those who are keen better speak up pretty quick and put your money where your mouth is! 40 + needed within a week!!
It can run – even if its a non scored low stress event for those who are keen and those who want to try it.  Im keen..
So the lesson is there--  if you don’t  turn up to meeting the outcome is not always what you want

Sean Allanson
BMCC vice pres.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 07:32:19 pm »
Put me down for 1 Sean.

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »
i'll be in on it and bring a flaggie for sat... n taddy blazusiak won erzburg on a trials tire...besides there was plenty of traction on thr track on sunday with slicks on,, just ask popeye!!! n he'll surely be there as well.. so thats 2...who else!!!