Author Topic: Henning Jorgensen  (Read 1523 times)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Henning Jorgensen
« on: May 07, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »
Met a bloke by this name (hope I spelt it correctly) at Rocksberg last Saturday,told me he was 64 but looked about 50.Raced in Europe from 1965,started on a Greeves Hawkstone then a Husqvarna.Came to Australia in the early 70's when his friend Per organised a ride for him Maico I think in and around Sydney.His brothers were Danish champions.Nice bloke,anyone know of him?Firko?

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Henning Jorgensen
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:14 am »
I note there have been no replies to this Shorty and I reckon that's a real shame. Here is a guy that could have a fair ammount of in-put into the sport or even just this forum and he's lost to us because he's not on here.
Maybe he doesn't give a fig but by just coming to a VMX meet shows he still has a bit of an itch for it.
We need to dig him out.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:51 am »
We need to dig him out.

There are quiet a few that go under the radar and get missed....  :'(
Firko and I discovered an older German rider with some great beardede pics on here (somewhere) and also was the fellow that bought in three CCM's ..
#8 and Rosco may also know shortshifter..
Best is in the West !!

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:11 pm »
   His " mate" would have to be Per Kitland maybe ? thru a i friend i recently found out that a bloke that used to work for the rickman brothers lived in in our home town for a number of years moving to coffs or the goldcoast recently -bummer maybe would of been a good bloke to have a yarn with ! suppose it all comes down to timing ,  but it is a shame for  some of these bloke to go thru to the catcher   :-[

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
Met a bloke by this name (hope I spelt it correctly) at Rocksberg last Saturday,told me he was 64 but looked about 50.Raced in Europe from 1965,started on a Greeves Hawkstone then a Husqvarna.Came to Australia in the early 70's when his friend Per organised a ride for him Maico I think in and around Sydney.His brothers were Danish champions.Nice bloke,anyone know of him?Firko?

HENNING JORGENSEN - ALPINE RALLY organiser - Australia's longest running rally!
http://www.riderageradio.com/legends.html

also talking to your hero's
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=17708.60
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:41:52 pm »
I missed this thread at first ::). Henning was Per Klitlands mate back in Denmark and followed him here a couple of years later in the early 70's. He rode Maicos with some minor support from Blair Harley but wallowed around with the rest of us in the second half of the C grade pack, not like Per who was at the front of the A grade mob!
I remember him well from the old days and remember Per telling me that he'd returned to Australia. In fact, Per was going to hook up with him at CD7 but he couldn't leave his chronically ill wife Kristen so it never happened. Luckily we did get a chance to talk to Henning as we were packing up at CD8...nice fella. When I left Chippy was setting him up to ride one of his Maico's.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:27:05 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha