Author Topic: Q.V.M.X. Coles Creek  (Read 5634 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Q.V.M.X. Coles Creek
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »
final one had to put this one up ha ;D
http://youtu.be/ApYUr9ZLMVc

corners were more slippery than they look ;)
follow me to first turn

mainline

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
thanks for posting the vids Rusty, track looks great. Really glad I stayed home to paint and mow ::)

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
You should have ridden your mower Mainline. Cut a few quick laps and killed 2 birds with one stone! Painting would have had to wait though  ;D
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »
Thanks for posting Rusty  :)
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
Looks like another 125 circuit....about as much flow as the Todd in a dry spell.  How many times did you change gears Rusty?
You got it right there Chris, another overly tight vmx track with so many 1st gear corners.. I think we need to show some videos of the current Conondale and Farleigh Castle tracks! Anyway we all had a great day with lots of close racing...

STW996

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »
Looks like another 125 circuit....about as much flow as the Todd in a dry spell.  How many times did you change gears Rusty?
You got it right there Chris, another overly tight vmx track with so many 1st gear corners.. I think we need to show some videos of the current Conondale and Farleigh Castle tracks! Anyway we all had a great day with lots of close racing...

Hey John, looked like a good venue with plenty of promise

I don't mind the slow turns but you need some flow about it and a few good straights, We need a few of the tracks of old set up again that Bill Nolan set up keep it flowing and they will come!

I had already planned to run at Action Park so had to miss this one which was a real shame, but the flat track was excellent!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
you all missed the sidecars didn/t you don/t worry we will be at rocksberg   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »

Hey John, looked like a good venue with plenty of promise

I don't mind the slow turns but you need some flow about it and a few good straights, We need a few of the tracks of old set up again that Bill Nolan set up keep it flowing and they will come!

I had already planned to run at Action Park so had to miss this one which was a real shame, but the flat track was excellent!
It is a good venue Shane, hopefully not so many tight sections next time.
How many vintage bikes did they get to Maryborough?

STW996

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »
About 8 all up John, which doesn't sound like a lot but the track has a grid of 12 (that was in post 75 to 86 and about another 5 in pre 75.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »
Yeah great days riding,thanks to all concerned good footage Rusty.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
Varity is the spice of life they say not all tracks can be the same. That was a smooth track on Sunday.  Looking forward to going back there (my boy left a shovel under some tree). Did i say i WON the first race of the day on a pre 70 cz 360, Love the footage from rusty. There where a couple of pre 90 cr 500’s out there on the day that where quick as well. Good to see everyone had fun.  to the track set up people well done. looking forward to seeing your work at the next track.  :)
My fastest lap is the first one :)