Author Topic: Early Antig's  (Read 7103 times)

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Early Antig's
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »
    Just wondering if anybody knows what colour the early Antig  sandracer/grasstracker frames come in originaly , maybe hagon blue / black /silver or other ? not many colour pics on the web to go on -cheers  :)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Early Antig's
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »
my  pre 75 antig frame was chrome but hagon sandracer and grasstrack frames were blue
there are 3 different frames here by 2 different makers
tig perry antig
alf hagon  hagon

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 05:08:46 pm »
  Hey jim !iam fairly familiar with the hagons ,not so with antigs did they also have different frames for sand and grass or just what they currently call the stroker ? also how far back do they go - pre 70/pre 65 ? cheers

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »
most of the pre 70 antigs i have seen has b40s or b44s in them i am going to see dave perry in june would you want me to ask about the history from his dad
jim

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:38:00 pm »
sprung rears where the sand racers version, i think the others used the conversion kit for the rear to change the speedway diamond rear over to sprung.  Also the strokers were only made to fit the 2 stroke motors in. ( hence the name) im reading the 50 page catolouge as we speak, as im trying to chase up a long tracker or the rear end conversion kit and there picture ar ein the book here so im posting it on a few webbies when i get a chance
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:46:42 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »
   Yeah no worries the more info the better! iam thinking the frame is a early antig sandracer ,and the current antig catalogue are also listing a new "classic sandracer" the grass tracker as another model - same as hagon had in the day  ! surely they had bare or painted frames as well?

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »
   Yeah its a great catalogue freaky! some way trick toys in there ,very hard to dig up any history/info on them though
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:45:43 pm by Huskibul »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »
Sorry this is a HAgon Catolouge says no 11 on it no year but looks early 70's

the sandrace looks like it silver powdercoating,  the sandracer mk 2 is chromed.
the long track frame looks the same but is leighter weight air craft steel so the ad says., differant frame for th eHagon B50. and hagon junior
Speedway, speedway springer are the last to frames in here.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »
except the sidecar stuff that is
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:58 pm »
the antig catolouge sandracers are the hagon sandracers the same dave perry took over making the frames and hagon just makes shocks.
jim

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 06:35:53 pm »
do you guys know the difference between the early and late 70s frames. the difference between longtrack and grasstrack frames.

jim

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »
   Ah freaky i thought you were talking about the current antig catalogue with all the trick laydowns etc etc  :D jim thats about as far as i can get with the antig/hagon history -that they took over hagon ,not sure what year that was and what models antig had previously and how far back -cheers

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 06:47:54 pm »
   Hagon ? Maybe get onto the catalogue freaky was on

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »
dont forget there were a few frame makers in the 60s 70s  80s in the uk and here. plus all the home made ones st george club members had access to a jig to make new frames or repair old ones it was at our place for a while.send jap454 a pm he can tell you a lot more than me.
freaky
long track bikes had a 22" rear wheel hagon only lengthened the swing arm the diamond was the same as the sand racers.
jawa and my longtrack roller use the speedway front end and have a much steaper stearing angle also the long swing arm for the 22" rear wheel

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:21 pm »
    Yeah she's a ridgy didge put it up against close-ups of antigs and all welds /brackets same and machine pressed/cut ,we had a few homemade jobs around here as well so ive seen a few of them also over the years